Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nov 8th All Day Sit Buck

bowman1222

Sorry the late and the very very long post, but here is the story of my November 8th buck.

Harvest had just come to a close at work and it was a great time to take a day long break from school. With this great break in the busy season my brother and I decided to take the opportunity to hit a really good property for an all day sit. My brother was covered in bucks all morning and was seeing consistent movement up until one o' clock. My sit was much less exciting with only a few deer showing themselves all morning. After a few moves I found myself napping under a tree next to a big clover field. The wind was so persistent i just could not stand to be up in a tree for that long. At around three o'clock i decided I was not going to shoot a deer napping. I climbed up the tree and held on for the ride for about an hour and then the wind speeds dropped dramatically. I took that opportunity to do some aggressive rattling an grunting. It was not long and I could feel there was something closing the distance on my stand. One look behind me and I could see a tank of a deer staring up into the field looking for the fight. I was set up about twenty yards from an adjoining fence and he was walking right down the other side of it....I was unable to get excited because I figured he would never cross the fence for a shot. My hope sank as as he walked past my shooting lane at 20 yards on the wrong side of the fence. Just past my shooting lane he found a washout and in one quick motion ducked under the fence. When I heard antlers clicking on fence wire I drew my bow, and to my surprise there was a small gap that I could get an arrow through. I blatted him to a stop and let the arrow fly at thirteen yards. The arrow hit right where my pin was and he jumped and ran about ten yards. After a short moment he bolted and ended up running directly under my stand. At about thirty yards from me he stopped and proceeded to tip over. I couldn't believe it. It was like a daydream had just come true. I must say I was thrilled with how big he was, but I was pretty darned happy with the shot and not having to track. After some walking and ranger driving and help from my brother we had the deer recovered and on its way to the freezer.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Amazing day in the woods and great that I got to share it with my brother.

Nothing better than being able to share your hunting experiences with Family! Congrats!!

Top Bottom