Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Been quiet

You are going to play residency cop?

Make sure you check your resident neighbors too, they tend to trespass! Had that happen this weekend, one is in law enforcement too, and he blatantly pushed my timber not knowing someone was hunting on my farm. Dangerous and criminal
Then you should be pressing charges.

If you want to stop the NR rush then you need to first stop the state Iowa from handing out "Celebrity Tags" at will. This is like Sutters Mill and a guy not being able to keep his mouth shut and yelling, "I just found GOLD!"

Your "Resident" celebrity hunters have sold you down the river too. Why would expect there NOT to be a problem in Iowa when you've been pimped out and pumped up to point that people think Iowa only grows 200+ bucks.

I promise you this, again, this year, someone will have the stones to post a picture of themselves cuddled up to the Lakosky's at the IWC, (who incidentally, just purchased a fifth farm in your area that you used to hunt), all goo goo eyed and grinning, and then complain about the onslaught of NR hunters.

It's your problem and only you can fix it. It won't happen moaning about it on a IW either. You have to take it to the House and win.

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is." - Josey Wales

Couldnt agree more with this. Celebrities getting special privileges makes me sick and is a huge factor in making deer hunting a rich mans sport! TV shows have definitely hyped Iowa real estate and created high demand by exploiting our resource. I honestly dont get why some guys get so star struck by people like the Lakosky's. They aren't that special and most guys on here could produce(many already do) the caliber of deer they do if they had the time and $ they have.

Couldnt agree more with this. Celebrities getting special privileges makes me sick and is a huge factor in making deer hunting a rich mans sport! TV shows have definitely hyped Iowa real estate and created high demand by exploiting our resource. I honestly dont get why some guys get so star struck by people like the Lakosky's. They aren't that special and most guys on here could produce(many already do) the caliber of deer they do if they had the time and $ they have.

From a looks standpoint Tiffany is special! :way:

From a looks standpoint Tiffany is special! :way:

That's funny you say that because I honestly don't think she is that hot. Good looking yes, but definitely not a 10 like many make her out to be. Maybe it is because I am younger, IDK. I just think guys see any halfway decent looking blond chick holding a bow or a gun and immediately pitch a tent before realizing there are a ton of girls just as good if not better looking walking around down town bars(or where ever) on a Friday night! Sex sells and it sure has worked out well for the Lakosky's. No doubt their show wouldn't be nearly as popular if she wasn't on it.

That's funny you say that because I honestly don't think she is that hot. Good looking yes, but definitely not a 10 like many make her out to be. Maybe it is because I am younger, IDK. I just think guys see any halfway decent looking blond chick holding a bow or a gun and immediately pitch a tent before realizing there are a ton of girls just as good if not better looking walking around down town bars(or where ever) on a Friday night! Sex sells and it sure has worked out well for the Lakosky's. No doubt their show wouldn't be nearly as popular if she wasn't on it.

She's originally from Minne- Sot TA, home of the Norwegian blondes

I don't believe Lee and Tiffany started out with any money. There is some jealousy in the air. Why don't we just have Obama give every hunter 20 acres and divide up all the hunting land so that it will be fair to everyone. There are resident hunters who don't share their land just as much as out of staters who do the same. It seems that everyone and there brother is now bow hunting, much like the Tiger Woods craze 20 years ago when you couldn't go to a golf course without everyone buying clubs at Wal-mart and trying golf. The problem is too many hunters and it is supply and demand, unfortunately some people will always be left out of the equation.

I don't believe Lee and Tiffany started out with any money. There is some jealousy in the air. Why don't we just have Obama give every hunter 20 acres and divide up all the hunting land so that it will be fair to everyone. There are resident hunters who don't share their land just as much as out of staters who do the same. It seems that everyone and there brother is now bow hunting, much like the Tiger Woods craze 20 years ago when you couldn't go to a golf course without everyone buying clubs at Wal-mart and trying golf. The problem is too many hunters and it is supply and demand, unfortunately some people will always be left out of the equation.

Statistically the number of hunters is down as a whole but the number of bow hunters has increased.

I agree with you that the Lakosky's probably didn't start with money, most likely Lee's passion for big bucks, but its big business now and they have created a mold that others will and have followed. I don't begrudge anyone's success through hard work, I applaud it. I was simply pointing out a cause of the problem you face and I expect it will only get worse if the "celebrity" game continues.

I would imagine they do a lot of farming. I'm not trying to single them out as the root of the problem. They're probably great people and they are certainly managing their deer well. I've shared my thoughts for what they're worth and I hope it all works out well for the future of the sport. All the best!

Only 21 pages! Come on. Geez just spent an hour catching up on all this. Great debate wasn't going to but here's my 2 cents. I really don't see an argument for them or anyone else for that matter. Laws can be changed deal with it! As non-residents defending these guys, has it affected you in any way? Other than deep down you probably were wishing they would have won? Also the comment about being beneficial to neighbor a NRLO, I'm sure many are glad. But maybe have other bad experiences with them like many of us do with our resident neighbors And as stated before many on here are great hunters and shoot booners without the "help" of these, you, guys! I would also like to comment on the treestand being to close to your fence. If some thing is being done that is not legal ( shooting over your fence ect.) you would have the same right as me or anyone else to report that to the DNR. That is a landowner problem not a non-resident problem. :thrwrck:

Statistically the number of hunters is down as a whole but the number of bow hunters has increased.

I agree with you that the Lakosky's probably didn't start with money, most likely Lee's passion for big bucks, but its big business now and they have created a mold that others will and have followed. I don't begrudge anyone's success through hard work, I applaud it. I was simply pointing out a cause of the problem you face and I expect it will only get worse if the "celebrity" game continues.

Same here. More power to them and any other hunting celebs that made it big by doing what they love. I just dont see why some guys get star struck over them and others. It is a big reason deer hunting has gone the direction it has.

I have buddies that get the "celeb tags" as they laugh about the program. I've voiced it in other threads & posts- it's a huge threat to Iowa and has already done immense damage. You all can stick your heads in the sand on this one & ignore the ripple-effect of damage it has done and will continue to do to our state BUT folks, it's gonna get worse. I am more than happy to voice how the damage has been done & will continue but you all need to wake up and get rid of those disastrous marketing tags.

video crews are worse than anyone- these guys and gals come here and rape our state of a resource, contribute next to nothing and drive to the next state and do it again. way way way way worse than NRLO's- NRLO's contribute enormously to the economy and do it through out the year , not just in november. The fact that we issue tags to these people is insanity. its just a hit and run, one night stand dont , rape and pillage. when you drive into Iowa on highway , the sign should read WELCOME TO IOWA, now get the fk out unless you are here for same sex marriage because that is cool . the way around the nrlo tag issue is to come here and say your homosexual because than its civil liberties case and no one wants to mess with that . Back to Lee and Tiffany- at least they moved here , Don and Kandi been here forever and he is a REAL FARMER, but people like Mark and Terry, the lindseys, Pat and Nicole they do not live here -Mark claims residency here, does his daughter go to school in Iowa? doesnt look like it .. unless you invite the governor to your house for a hunt, and have a nice dinner, then the state looks the other way - We should demand consistency from this state

Henry makes some good points. I see that Mark Drury's daughter is a freshman at Mizzou. I got a hundred dollar bill says she pays resident tuition. Any takers?

I have buddies that get the "celeb tags" as they laugh about the program.

So which do you think would be the lesser of 2 evils, "celeb tags" or allowing NRLO's with say x amount of acreage(640 acres?) 1 buck tag?

So which do you think would be the lesser of 2 evils, "celeb tags" or allowing NRLO's with say x amount of acreage(640 acres?) 1 buck tag?

I'd be willing to bet that Iowa has less than 100 total NR owners who singly hold 640 or more for hunting purposes. I wouldn't be surprised if it's less than 25!

Remember jointly held ground only counts as divided by total owners. IE 640 with 4 owners would be 160 apiece and not qualify.

Top Bottom