Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Albino buck killed

They said they applauded his honesty! What coming clean 5 days after he shot it cause rumor got out someone shot the white deer! I could care less that it's white that was a true trophy and should be fined like one. Probably couldn't tell is was white due to the glare from the spot light. Don't quote me but rumor has it the dnr cut the rack off

what I don't understand is a black deer or calico is more rare- but you can kill them, correct?

Don't know of any state that protects black (melanistic) deer or pie-balds, some do albinos and white deer even though they are not as rare as the black phased deer, the rarest of all. Guess white ones are too pretty, still it is a genetic flaw no matter what odd color.

Is it listed in the regulations that you can't kill white deer? I don't ever recall seeing it listed, and if you're new to the area how would you even know?

If he didn't know it was illegal why didn't he tag it and take it home? Seems a few details may be missing...

Oh boy...the deer must be 51 percent brown in Iowa. We on Iowawhitetail keep up with rules and regulations. Think about the 85 percent of hunters that don't even read the regulations. No excuse...but as John Wayne said...life is hard...it's even harder if your stupid... :)

Top Bottom