Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bacon wrapped stuffed deer loin. OMG DELICIOUS

BDAHMS

Be here Now
Just made this and it was UNREAL. Could cut it with a fork, juicy and melted in your mouth. I have photos from start to finish but every time I try and load pics from my iPad it says they are too large. Any chance I can email someone my photos and you post them all on this thread? PM your email. Thanks!!

Thaw one 12" section of loin out. Filet it out and roll as you cut to make it a 1/2" thick sheet. In a bowl mix 1/2 bag of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 diced white onion, 1 can of Rotel tomatoes (drain juices) 1 tablespoon of fresh minced garlic, 1 cup of diced mushrooms and mix all in the bowl. Evenly spread on the loin (you will have extra for 2nd batch if needed). Roll tightly and wrap it entirely in bacon. Put a metal skewer through both sides at each piece of bacon to hold together. Add seasoning salt to outside of roll. Put on sprayed cooking tray and bake 400 for 40 min and 5 more
Minutes on broil. Let sit for 10
Minutes before cutting or you lose your juices. Serve with steamed asparagus or any veggies you like. Amazing!

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I just took 5 pieces and wrapped around the loin and stuck stainless skewers
Thru it and sliced it so each piece was a full piece of bacon about as thick as a filet minion

We do something similar on the grill, friends say "no way that is venison"

It's excellent

Here is another simple recipe I've been using for roasts & less desirable cuts. People line up at the grill as I pull them off...even my 3 & 5 year old kiddos devour them!

1) Cube the meat into 1-2"x1-2" pieces
2) marinate in 1/2 Frank's Red Hot & 1/2 Worcester Sauce for an hour or so
3) Wrap in bacon & toothpick to hold (not necessary but bacon doesn't suck)
4) BBQ 'em up

Enjoy!

Here is another simple recipe I've been using for roasts & less desirable cuts. People line up at the grill as I pull them off...even my 3 & 5 year old kiddos devour them!

1) Cube the meat into 1-2"x1-2" pieces
2) marinate in 1/2 Frank's Red Hot & 1/2 Worcester Sauce for an hour or so
3) Wrap in bacon & toothpick to hold (not necessary but bacon doesn't suck)
4) BBQ 'em up

Enjoy!

Sounds about like we do our geese

ok- this is getting old- why when I upload the pics to my gallery it works but when I try and put them in a thread its just a black X?

Last edited:
20981-stuffed4.jpeg
ok- this is getting old- why when I upload the pics to my gallery it works but when I try and put them in a thread its just a black X?

right click on picture, copy image URL, click the mountians square (while in reply to thread) paste copied URL into the field that poppled up. Done:D

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
my account or computer must be messed up as when I upload pictures to my account they all show up as the exact same photo and errors out when I try and post them- frustrating! Thanks DOR for posting the photos of this recipe for me!

If any of you try this- Let me know what you think of it

Looks awesome! I've done this method with pork loins a lot, and the occasional eye of round beef roast, and sometimes chicken breast, but never thought to do it with deer loins. Gonna have to try this out! Thanks!

I thought all my loins (deer) might be at cabin but I did have some at home. Thawing them now.
Trying this tomorrow for supper!!

I thought all my loins (deer) might be at cabin but I did have some at home. Thawing them now.
Trying this tomorrow for supper!!

Let me know what you think! make sure to let it sit out for 10 min before cutting it so you don't lose any juices

We are having a couple friends over tomorrow and trying one of our other favorite recipes for the roast-

put a deer roast in the crockpot with 2 cups of water- 1 Italian seasoning packet, 2 packets of beef au jus gravy mix and a tablespoon of garlic. Cook on low for 8-10 hours and after 5 hours continue to pull meat apart after 9 hours add 3 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms and let cook 1 hour. meanwhile- make fresh garlic mash potatoes and serve pulled deer roast and sauce over the garlic mash potatoes. Delicious!

Last edited:
Top Bottom