Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Flashlights, What to buy

ironwood

Ok, I am looking to get a high quality flash lite. Lumens are the first thing I started looking at but as I searched things like, rechargeable vs non, beam width, battery life and cost, size, light color, brand and warranty became issues of considerations.

Let me know your thoughts. I will review my choice with you.

Last edited:
I bought a stream light from the matco tool guy for just under $30.. bright as heck and lifetime warranty. It's the stylus pro.

Streamlight Protac 2AA is a great flashlight for the money. Has high/low/strobe modes. Runs on two AA batteries, and you can pick one up for $35 online.

I went through the same questions a couple of years ago, and I ended up buying 2 "new" lights. First, a stream light headlamp for bright, hands-free tracking. My son has pretty much annexed this and uses it a lot to help him find stands in the dark, etc. The second thing I bought was a new high lumen led bulb for an old 4 D-cell mag lite I had. This was a reasonably priced way to transform an old light into a modern day tracking tool. Anyway, that's my input...good luck.

NWBuck

I have the Streamlight Protac HL. It is an awesome flashlight. I believe it retails for $100 but I scored a deal on eBay for $60 shipped. It was one of my favorite purchases this fall. Did a side by side next to my dad's sure fire defender series and it wasn't even a comparison. Streamlight was much brighter. My dad went and bought one as well.

Scratch that, I tried looking up the light I have and it happeneds to be a lightstar300.. I use it mainly for work abd it does more than I need it for, with 2 powers and 300 lumens. Very strong light, I have beaten mine up and it still works like new.

Last edited:
$220 for a flashlight come on that thing better come with a camera on it for that kind of money. I use a $40 mag light small bright as heck and fits in my front pocket. Takes four AAA lasts me a long time has a strobe for when you need to get someone's attention.

www.goinggear.com or www.candlepowerforums.com You do the research and you can find all kinds of options that are very affordable. With the LED technology nowadays you can get very powerful lights that are very small.
I have an ITP A3 EOS that is the size of a tube of chapstick and is brighter than most basic flashlights you can find. Do some research on Rechargable Li-Ion batteries and chargers as well and you will never go back to basic Alkalines.

$220 for a flashlight come on that thing better come with a camera on it for that kind of money. I use a $40 mag light small bright as heck and fits in my front pocket. Takes four AAA lasts me a long time has a strobe for when you need to get someone's attention.

When your out in the middle of no where by yourself at 3:30 AM looking for someone ejected from a car crash or a bad guy it's good to have one of the best. That's why I said it may not be for some people. So far it's been amazing and solid in performance. Times prior to getting it that I would have saved some headaches. Strobe is crazy too.

http://www.4sevens-store.com/?src=Adwords-4Sevens&gclid=CLm92sKZ8LsCFa4-Mgod4EYAgQ

These are some of the best quality flashlights I have used.. super super bright. My brother did research on this model before going overseas and steered me toward this for duty use. Has a wide range and you can switch intensity by the twist of the cap. I have dropped the light, left out in rain and snow, picked it up and it still works great. I have the Quark Tactical.. yoh wont regret this purchase! I promise ya!

What do you want to use it for? If blood trailing, the video light I have is awesome. White light and provides a flood vs a spot.

Bought this for night riding my bicycle but has proven to be a great performer in my hunting pack and is very small for the job it does. Awesome trailing light and USB rechargeable. I think it was around 1 $125 at a local bike shop and I see they are just over $100 in Amazon. I was impressed and love the fact I can plug in my USB portable battery pack to charge. The extra battery packs are reasonable and easy to change I need to order one. http://www.cygolite.com/products/expilion800.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom