Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Harvest Update

I think there needs to be a board at the whitetail classic for people to pin their unfilled tags on to send to the gov and dnr.

Wow...just a few short years ago (6) and 50k less deer shot throughout the year. Need to remember that EHD has some effect on the numbers as well. Either way...that is way fewer deer taken as a whole from year to year to year. Unreal

If every bowhunter just bought two antlerless tags for the county and didn't fill them, problem solved.

Just be thankful you aren't in Missouri. I met a guy at a birthday party my kid attended this weekend who bragged about shooting 15 deer this year. 3 bucks and 12 antlerless (2 were button bucks).

I asked what he did with all that meat and he laughed and said "I don't like that trash meat".

Absurd. I wanted to throat punch him.

I think there needs to be a board at the whitetail classic for people to pin their unfilled tags on to send to the gov and dnr.
Just to have the board there for the hunters who are less educated on the population problems to see, would be a step in the right direction. The key to turning the deer herd around doesn't lie with the governor, we need to convey the message to the two weekends a year hunter.
If every bowhunter just bought two antlerless tags for the county and didn't fill them, problem solved.
Think of it like a welfare mother having babies at 50 years of age just to keep the check rolling in...if you keep paying for the tags, they'll keep printing them!

Think of it like a welfare mother having babies at 50 years of age just to keep the check rolling in...if you keep paying for the tags, they'll keep printing them!

HAHA, that about sums it up..... You make it sound like Branstad could be liberal....

Last edited:
Problem is, we stop buying tags, they will increase the NR tag count. I called that a few years ago. We're handcuffed and they'll get their revenue one way or another.

I'll still be buying a butt load of doe tags like I usually do if they are available, just won't use them unless I feel numbers are up.

Top Bottom