Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question about lodging near 3 mile lake

Im heading down to fish 3 mile in a couple weeks. Does anyone have any info on a place to stay down there? I tried the cabins on the lake but they were booked. Does anyone rent cabins or houses for weekend stays? I would like to be able to clean fish where I stay if possible. Thanks

A friend of mine usually rents a house along the road coming towards the campground from Afton. Kinda hidden in the trees, not sure how he got hooked up with the people but he really likes it. We always just stay in the campground and they have a fish cleaning station at the campground with water. Stayed in the big cabin once as well by the boat ramp which wasnt bad if you can get it.

When do you plan on staying at 3 mile?

You could try to get in at the Holiday Motel in Creston. It's been a few years since I've gone down there but it's a relatively inexpensive motel if you don't need anything fancy and last time I knew had a shed with running water for guests to clean fish in. I prefer the big cabin or one of the other cabins but Creston's not a far drive and you'd be by restaurants. Or stay in a nicer hotel and clean fish in the campground.

We are going down this thursday. Couldn't get the cabins by the lake. All booked up. Staying at some po dunk hotel in Creston but they have a place to clean fish. I'll be on the ice most the time fishing at night as well so don't need much. Just a place to crash for a couple hours a day. I'd like to have rented something a lot better but it was a spur of the moment thing and most things were booked when I was looking.

Well good luck and let us know how ya do! Cant wait for May to get down there myself and catch some crappies!

Top Bottom