Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Short notice

Fishbonker

Life Member
Notice of Committee Meeting

Committee: Natural Resources and Environment (Senate)
Date: 02/04/2014 3:00 PM
Agenda:

Presentation by Dr Dale Garner, Wildlife Bureau Chief,and Willie Suchey, Wildlife Research Supervisor on Deer and Pheasant/Quail populations.
This message was automatically generated. Please do not reply to it.

Copy and paste of an email I got this afternoon. How can our government be participatory if you find out about a meeting less than 24 hours before the meeting is held? Not that there would be any chance of speaking or asking questions (participating) during this meeting but I would love to be there and hear what was said.

Well it could be a positive that they called a meeting on short notice. Maybe you guys kicked enough tires for them to take notice.

Well it could be a positive that they called a meeting on short notice. Maybe you guys kicked enough tires for them to take notice.

Interesting idea in that I don't have a clue how far in advance these meetings or the speakers are scheduled.

Iowa does have an Open Meetings Law that requires notice of public meetings with their agenda, I don't know the minimum time frame but I'm guessin it is more than 24 hours. Perhaps legislative committee meetings are exempt from this law.

Maybe they're trying to keep a low profile this time around. I am pretty sure they only have to give 24 hrs. notice. I have a feeling they have been hearing a lot of complaints. I got my form letter replay from the Gov. today, I have seen the same posted here. I also heard back from both of my reps, who are both on the committee. They seemed supportive but they don't answer to many, if any, farmers. It would be interesting to hear it for sure.

The House and Senate Natural Resource Committees meet (1 or 2 times a week) depending how what legislation there is. If they have questions or need information they will invite in guests. You are welcome to attend these meeting, but are not allowed to speak unless you are on the agenda. You can request to be on the agenda, by contacting the NR committee clerk. The calendar for all committee meetings is posted on legislative website. Every week I get a email with calendar showing meeting dates, time and room #

Here is link to Senate Calendar. https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/Calendars/SenateWeekly.pdf

Last edited:
Todays meeting has been canceled due to the weather. I just called to see if I was allowed to sit in and was informed of such.

Top Bottom