Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Help me find Bill Winke Video- Euro Mount

bmazzo8

Hey all. I remember a year or so ago watching a Winke video on how to do a european mount with the turkey fryer. I cant seem to find it. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a ton all!!!

Don't use your cooking fryer/pot, buy a cheap one, and do it outside. The smell is horrible

You can buy a fryer pot at fleet farm. I did my own European mount last week and was pretty easy actually. Skin the head. Boil it for 10 hours with 1/4 cub of dish soap and degreaser. Take out- pull off meat with needle nose and picks- boil again in new soap water for 8 more hours. Clean as can be. Coat with hair bleach ointment 3X few hours each time. Clean off. Spray with clear coat. Easy

I do around 30 a year and I always simmer them in a turkey fryer with bout 1/4 lb of baking soda. That will help get the meat off. Should only take about 3-5 hours total and you shouldn't have to pick much off. Then I use a air compresser and blow the heck out of them in hot soapy dawn dish soap water for about 10 minutes. Then apply the hair whitner, wrap in plastic wrap and stick in front of a little propane heater for bout a hour, turning bout every 15 minutes. The hotter the better as long as you don't melt your plastic wrap. Then rinse in hot water and there done. Should only take 5 or 6 hours to do one. I usually wrap electrical tape from the antler bases up 3 or 4 inches to help keep grease and water marks off the antlers.

Im looking to buy a fryer today, but they all have timers. Are there any out there that dont have a timer? And yes, Buckfever....Ive been google searching! ha

Go to a kitchen supply store and buy a good one that is taller than it is wide. I bought an aluminum one year ago and am glad I did. The pots wall thickness is a lot thicker than a turkey fryer and I "boil" a lot less water because of that.

Any part of the antlers which are closely exposed to steam should be wrapped with foil. If not they may become stained, especially if you use a little detergent to help the cleaning process. Don't have to wrap whole rack, just what's closest to the water.

I might also add that I would go to Walmart or somewhere to get a long stem thermometer that is made for fryers. You really need to moniter the temp when doing this as too much heat can damage the bones and antler bases. I like to simmer at no more than 180 degrees.

You can cut your time, effort, and stress in half by powerwashing the skulls after you boil them. I have done round 30-40 a year for the past 6 years. I don't like mounts where the nose curls are blown out etc. If you are careful you will find how much cleaner you can get the skulls and antler bases by using a powerwasher. Pick a couple after boiling and you will want to find an alternative trust me. It might take a couple to get it down, but it works great. I prefer a turbo tip and just use caution around the nose. Be sure not to overheat the skull first. Use a deep enough pan. If you can test a dead head find out first if you can get ahold of one. Good luck!

Boil for an hour n take a zero tip powerwasher it may blow off some cartilage but its the fastest way ive done it.

euro

JasonF is nuts on! Heat is what makes the whitening work. When you remove that skull from the SIMMERING water for the last time, put it directly into a tub of hot soapy (DAWN) water and air boil that grease away. Stick that air gun tip into all the crevices underwater and you will be amazed at what can come out along with the grease.

Top Bottom