Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tents?

flugge

Anyone have good recommendations on a good tent? I am not looking for anything huge, 4-6 person, but I want something durable and relatively easy to set up. Will be used in rugged terrain mostly on some planned DIY hunts

I strongly recommend any Kelty tent!

What he said. You'll get what you pay for with tents, like pretty much everything else outdoor related. I've had good luck with Kelty, Eureka, Marmot, and a few others, but they were on the pricier side. I've put my stuff through hell and back out here and they've held up well.

What he said. You'll get what you pay for with tents, like pretty much everything else outdoor related. I've had good luck with Kelty, Eureka, Marmot, and a few others, but they were on the pricier side. I've put my stuff through hell and back out here and they've held up well.
Big Agnes is another brand I would look very hard at.

Amother Kelty vote. I've had mine for 15 years and it's still going strong. All I've ever done is replace some lost stakes and seal the seams from time to time.

camofire.com has had some tents on it's web page lately...many of them have been small back packing tents but it is worth a look

Kifaru.net. The tipis are second to none.

I don't have much experience with them, but what would the advantage be to going with a tipi style tent vs. a regular backpacking tent with a connected floor and windows? Seems like most people with bottomless tents end up packing a tarp for the floor anyway, so why not have one connected? I've never experienced using one so I'm just curious as to the why, and what the benefits are.

I want something durable and relatively easy to set up.

Eureka Timberline. One of the most bullet proof and reliable tents out there. Used by about every organized youth outdoor group in the nation. Very durable if that's what your after.

Top Bottom