Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Food plots are looking good

Whoa! I was happy that mine are up and the plot looked green. Dang, those look pretty far along in comparison.

Ya, those are great...had some health issues that kept me from getting mine in earlier,(no rain since early July anyway) planted last night and today we are getting rain, so I am hoping they are in early enough. The sorghum is likely way to late to head-out but the clover, rape, turnip, etc mix should be ok.

Ya, those are great...had some health issues that kept me from getting mine in earlier,(no rain since early July anyway) planted last night and today we are getting rain, so I am hoping they are in early enough. The sorghum is likely way to late to head-out but the clover, rape, turnip, etc mix should be ok.

Hope your doing better now. We wanted ours in early enough to catch the rain and we were gone the last two weeks of July anyway so in they went. I don't figure two weeks makes a big difference anyway. We roto tilled them, seeded, and then Cultipacked we have always had great success in just cultipacking once.

Chip, please tell me those awesome looking plots aren't on your place by me! :D You'll have all the deer at your place! :D

Seriously, those look great, nice job!!

Looks fantastic, Being some what a little farther north of you guy's in Iowa, we just can not plant brassica plot's as early as you do, I had to go back in to a few area's yesterday to do some over seeding , as this year's turkey hatch has been using the new plots( planted late July) as their favored dusting fields. On a good note tho, we got rain last night and yesterday before I got out to reseed, some of the bare spots Around here our seed dealer's do not even have brassica seed's in stock until mid to late July

Our main concern rather than specific dates every year is getting them in the ground if rain is coming. Some years it isn't an issue but we learned some hard lessons the last few years.

Top Bottom