Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Fleece Hunting Jacket

Plendl

I have been looking all over this over season for a Scent-lok Timberfleece jacket. I saw one at one of the cabelas I was at in the clearance section and debated buying and now wishing I would have. Everywhere I look it seems to be sold out or discontinued. Does anyone know where I can get a large at? Or what are some other choices out there? I really like the scent-lok one. I already have an early season and late season jacket and pant but wanting this that i can use if it gets really cold or cold enough early season that need more than lightweight but not cold enough for my heavyweight clothes.

What are some of your guys favorite fleece jackets? I thought about vests too but would rather have a jacket. Thanks for the help.

Cabelas legacy fleece wins hear. Not scent reducing but a great jacket. I wear light Scentlok layers underneath.

The Cabela's legacy fleece is great. The windshear lining really helps hold on the warmth over regular fleece. I have the jacket and pullover and last winter added the vest. I can hunt down to almost any temp with those three layers.

I have the berber fleece pullover and vest from cabelas with windshear and the stuff is awesome. The pull over I usually wear in the 20-50s range and throw on the vest as well less than 20 degrees. You have to carry it to the tree though otherwise you will sweat too much.

You have to carry it to the tree though otherwise you will sweat too much.

Agreed.

Here's what I do. A few years ago I got tired of wearing too many clothes to my stand and sweating them up so I bought a Primos ground blind bag. It was only $20 and has a long zippered compartment and padded backpack straps. Now I wear only my base layer to the stand. Even in temps in the teens with chilling winds I only wear a base layer shirt. I roll up all of my outerwear and carry them in the blind bag. At the base of the tree I get dressed before climbing up to my stand. When done hunting I strip them all back off roll them up and stuff them in the blind bag and carry them back out.

You really should look at the fleece hunting jacket from Predator Camo. I just gone it this year and I am blown away by the warmth and comfort. It is incredible.

Scentblocker...Outfitter, Matrix, or ProtecXT jackets, also have pants. Can get most on eBay for about half reg. retail.

I just got the monster series from Gamehide. Maybe not what you're looking for but they have lighter gear and I have only heard good things about them. Ordered from their side; was cheaper than discount retailers and ebay/amazon. Also got some free gear with the purchase!

Top Bottom