Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What rest?

Ok, probably has been a lot of debate already on the best arrow rest for hunting, but what are your thoughts? I use a whisker biscuit, but am considering other full containment options to reduce friction/fletching contact. Any thoughts on the best full containment options?

One best I'm sure is a QAD. Lot of my buddies use them. I have a Phantom drop away which is basically a circle with an inch slot out of the top. Haven't had my arrow fall out yet. Even when stalking. I've had mine for probably 8 years.

Hard to beat a QAD. But if I didn't use a drop away, I would go back to a biscuit. Shot one for many years and loved it.

I can only compare whisker biscuit to QAD. Shot WB for many years and always liked it. Like you, thought the bugs wee probably owrked out of drop aways by now and gave it a try this year. The QAD gives me noticably tighter groups. Added a good 5+ yards to my range. Before picking QAD I did a lot of reading and it was consistantly the most well spoken of drop away on the reviews/forums i checked.

Lots of good rests out there. Limbdriver, QAD, Trophy Taker Smackdown, etc. I like limbdriven rests myself as they are very easy to setup and tune. I'm trying the new G5 C MAX rest and am liking it so far. They had issues with the first sent out but seem to have fixed the problem.

I went with a Ripcord last season. Chose the Ripper because I thought it had better side clearance than the QAD. Really like to so far.

G5 C Max. I put one on my bow in the middle of the summer and its much better than the Pro V. I had to send my Pro V back 3 times for repairs over the course of 3 years of owning one.

I've been using the trophy ridge revolution the last two yes and have had no issues. I love it. And its decently priced.

You can find good and some bad reviews of all the rest's mentioned. They're a man made machine and some will fail. I like QAD best but RipCord, VT, TT and others all make good products. Set up is more important then anything.

So I take it most are using a drop away of some sort. I'm sure all those mentioned are good rests. Guess I have shyed away from drop aways because of failure risk, not fully contained (old style I guess), and cost (on some models anyway). May have to look at these closer.

For anyone using a non-drop away, are you using anything other than a whisker biscuit (i.e. G5 Halo, NAP 360 Capture, Cobra Cage, Octane Hostage, etc)? Wasn't sure if any of these provide any better performance over a whisker biscuit.

Personally, I have the QAD and I have had nothing but problems with it. This year my fetching are hitting again and I can't figure out how to fix it. Nothing has changed from last year. Just noticed my groupings weren't as tight this year and noticed my air flight was off... Put a broadband on and couldn't even hit the target... I am at a loss thinking of switching...

Top Bottom