Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Five Ridge Prairie Public hunting in NW Iowa

Plendl

Has anyone ever hunted this or know anything about it? There is alot of ground there and I dont live to far from there and have drove by and seems like a good place to hunt. I wanted to get a mobile stand bought and go scout and hunt it this year but had to use money for other things and never made it to scout. Is it to late to scout for bow season that starts wednesday? And since I dont have a stand to hunt in how easy would it be to hunt on ground with a bow? Can I make a homemade brush blind on public? Also looking to hunt it during late muzzy.

What should I do for this season? My spots I can hunt have gone downhill past couple years with ehd and shotgun pressure. Very few mature deer and usually stick to neighbors property during season. So I dont want to shoot a small young buck, also have very few does... Anyways I want to try public land this year. And 5 Ridge is very close to where i live and has alot of ground with good timber. seems like a good hunting spot and should be good spot during rut.

For big timber hunts is it better in morning or afternoon? All my stands are on the edge of feilds so never hunted big timber. Any tips would be helpful. Thanks!

I used to hunt from ground on public land near me. I found a big tree that fallen and sat behind it on a stool. Had several deer, pheasants and other hunters walk by with out ever an issue.

Five Ridge is worthless. We have set up cameras in the past there and with the private land to the left as you're walking in is where they stay. We have hunted several forks and even where all the acorns are on the right thick area on the right. So we got permission to hunt a private area not far from there on k18 North.

Isn't that the truth better shot of hunting five ridge and not seeing another hunt than triple c borders.

Top Bottom