Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My attempt at a hay bale blind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daver
OK, am I only one that thinks that the two shooting holes look like eyes and the dead cedar in front of the finished product looks like a mustache?

Like a giant Mr Potatoe Head???!!!

Really great job on th build, you could sell those things!

We need some video of this!! :D If the deer are out of range this fall...well then you know what to do...pick up the blind and creep it towards them until you are close enough for a shot. :D That would be true Wile E Coyote style there.

Make sure your tip toeing tho...that's the only way to sneak up on something! I'm thinking about putting mine on wheels if I ever get around to making one...then I can just push it around the field!

I am on the lookout for some bicycle wheels. Then I want to fabricate a axle that you can remove easily. Then you can move around as needed.

Looks great, I built one a few yrs ago that doesnt look as good but works great. Dont wory about hiding/brushing it in. If you have a hay field the deer are using put it out wherever theyr'e feeding. I've had deer so close to mine I could hear them tear the grass as they fed and could also hear they're stomach growl!!

I am guessing a hundred or so pounds. Its more awkward than anything. I moved it around myself and positioned it myself. I need to move it about a hundred yards so I am going to try it by myself, so we will see how that goes.

Top Bottom