Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Youth tag question

They can't use it for bow season and they are supposed to pick one season and that's it. It isn't intended to be an open ended hunt until you fill it tag.

they can use the youth tag for youth season,earley muzzleloader, ONE of the two shotgun seasons, and late muzzleloader

Where does it say that a youth must be taken on deer drives in the shotgun seasons? I missed that.

Or that a youth cannot buy a regular bow tag?

Youth today have many, many more options and special seasons than ever before. It is not as if the DNR is holding them down or something, if anything, it is the opposite. About the only thing left is to make the youth tag good from September to January, any weapon, any time, etc, with "do overs" in February in case they miss one. And yet people gripe about it as though there is a big problem.

I'm with you 100 percent. When I youth hunted 14 years ago it wasn't a bonus tag and I had 16 days to get it done and that was it. That's why I only went youth season once. I didn't want to give up my bow tag or my regular gun tag.

Now they can youth hunt and if unsuccessful use it during both muzzleloader seasons and a shotgun season. They can also still get two any sex tags like adults. So a youth could hunt from September until Jan. 10th if they wanted. And I hear more complaining about it now than ever before. We should probably let them carry over their unused tags to the next year and have the DNR give them participation trophies also.

Ya know, I know trying to get youth hooked on hunting they pry should get a deer. But what happened to if you dont get one, thats a part of hunting too??

Yeah that's a part of hunting but kids are only going to invest so much time in it if they don't see any success. Like it or not it's a different world these days and there are a lot of other things vying for a kids attention.

Top Bottom