Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bad News Above:

loneranger

Bad news,,First 2 wks of Nov-Bright full moon! Now some say if it is clear, bright full moon means even more deer movement at night. Others say bucks run more at night, and then rest,,to be up again mid-day. Not sure what theory is what, but I like dark nights. Maybe not an issue?

I think temp change has a bigger effect on deer movement than moon phases. Ive read studies supporting that a bright night will keep the deer nocturnal and vice versa. Guess the only way to find out is to sit out and see for myself!

A bright night must make it better for vision. Deer have excellent nite vision as it is. How that affects day movement, any ones guess? I hope it at least gets cold,,by then. Supposed to be mild again this week. Near 70'.

Did you see that pretty little squirrel cross the street. Pass the mustard.

If you have time to hunt...hunt.

Won't stop me from being out there, but just curious? I agree Weather is a big factor. Warm during rut is not good. especially for sweating. I have a real problem with that. I perspire when it is 20'! Hard on deer too, with their heavy winter coats on.

I agree, weather is usually a better predictor of deer movement. With how early everything has been this year it will hopefully be good and cold by November. Wouldn't surprise me if the rutting activity gets started early as well.

Wow... No rain, high temps, full moon, October lull, excessive perspiration, it's amazing anyone ever kills a deer. :confused:

How bout this, quit worrying about the things you can't control, do your homework, and go stick a giant. They're just deer, I haven't met one yet that was smarter than I am ;)

Mild temps a comin boys... the yards and garages will be full of goodies this weekend.

May not be ideal huntin conditions, but the sales will be abundant. Damn I love this time of year.

Ranger, let me know if you wanna ride along some time. Be like them two guys on American Pickers ;)

My little 40 acres does not see any "Giants", until Nov. I don't get an urge until then. Even then I am lucky to see a 4 yr old. If I don't see a 3 ,4,or 5 yr old within the first 10 days of Nov, I won't. So those days are important. Coarse if I don't it's no big deal. Hunting for me at this point is more about doing it and seeing what's around than the actual killing something. I love the meat. But I like to hold out for an older animal. Refrain from shooting a doe since deer numbers really went south,,as it were,,in my area. Just hope it is chilly. anyone know of a good scent free deodorant? I wash, and shower with everything,,including baking soda, butman my pits start to stink, in short order! Really,no kidding,it is a problem.

From my experience hunting alotta different states during November, temperature has more effect than moonlight on the rut. Bright nights just mean the bucks run all night, bed then move ALOT midday. Go hunt, that's why we have the month of November.

Mild temps a comin boys... the yards and garages will be full of goodies this weekend.

May not be ideal huntin conditions, but the sales will be abundant. Damn I love this time of year.

Ranger, let me know if you wanna ride along some time. Be like them two guys on American Pickers ;)

I think you are both wrong, as soon this trend moves out it is going to be bitter cold, and the sales will be nonexistent.

Thank God for the sweet parka I found this summer at a garage sale in West Union to stay warm waiting for a midday full moon bruiser! Just think Yard Sale, if you didn't over sleep that fateful morning in June, you maybe would have beaten me to the Johnson's multi family bonanza.

Top Bottom