Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

my 10-15-14 bow kill

2n1e3cj.jpg

343nq5s.jpg

23kzu5v.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats! I couldn't see all of the pics for some reason but he looks nice. Any story to go with?

Gotta love being tagged out this early, especially on a trail cam buck. He's got some nice brows too, although I can only see about 3 of the pics.

The story.

My stand faces west, along a river, and on the other side of that is train tracks. I had sat for about an hour. A train came down the tracks, thank god because I have recently been trying to quit smoking, the sound covers my coughs. I saw legs in the little finger of timber across the bean field from me headed south towards the river and tracks. As the end of the train passed by I pulled out my doe call and let out a short bleat. I still had no idea this was one of my trail cam bucks. I noticed that the deer had turned my way and was approaching the end of the bean field. Suddenly there he appeared in a small trail facing my stand he came ten yards into the bean field and looked around for the doe that made the call. Upon not seeing her he proceeded to nibble on some beans and mill around out there.

After one more bleat he made his way across the bean field and to the edge of the timber my stand is in. Following a trail on the edge of the field he came to my mock scrape I had made a few weeks back as he put his head down to sniff the scrape. Bringing his body to a quartering away position, I let the meat missile fly. He bolted back across the bean field towards whence he came, staggered and went down on the field edge. It was a long drag back to the truck with the crops still in, but worth every bit of it. My hunting buddy and I had a long night of butchering due to the warm temperatures. We finished around eleven p.m. and let me tell ya at the age of thirty six, four hours of sleep was not enough before work the next day.

Top Bottom