Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

New Product - Odin Hunting Products

ShedderKG

Found these guys in the local Business Journal up here in Sioux Falls, SD. I don't know any of these guys who came up with these products but thought I would share and see what others thought.

I know there are plenty of guys who hunt public and would rather that no one else used their stand. And that some would take the top part of a stick or something like that off when they leave and then put it up again when you get back to your stand. These guys have come up with a pretty clever way to avoid other people using your stands.

Take a look...

http://www.odinhunting.com/

Only problem with that system is that in Iowa, I don't believe you can legally put the screw for the step base in a tree on public land.

Definitely looks like a good idea for those hunting public, I used to carry climbing sticks with me when I hunted public but I could never carry them without a fair amount of noise.

They also unfortunately would not be legal in NE on public ground as nothing can screwed into the tree. It's a good idea though!

Great idea for the public hunter unless the guy using your stand buys the steps as well. I like the idea of having the bolt in style of these steps for private and the stick style for public. Can keep trespassers out of your stand as well.

Hey guys someone let us know that a thread was started here on Iowa Whitetail and we thought we would chime in to let you know we are around.

Thought I would post a link to an independent review by Ike's Outdoor's. Ike reached out to us to get our product after hearing about us from ArcheryTalk.com and asked for a set.

We have a few guys already using our products in Iowa with great success.

http://youtu.be/Q5R5S0orkCs?list=UUVP3YVq-eXTZqRR1aXP36WA

-Tim

Great idea for the public hunter unless the guy using your stand buys the steps as well. I like the idea of having the bolt in style of these steps for private and the stick style for public. Can keep trespassers out of your stand as well.

We will be offering a cable lock kit that goes through the brackets so you can lock several brackets at once. Look for more info around ATA time.

-Tim

Great idea! I personally leave my steps in the tree and pack my treestand in/out with me each time, or use a set of sticks for one-time hunts.

Idea for version 2... can you incorporate screw threads onto the base like a t-bracket that can be screwed in without tools? That was my first thought, maybe there was a reason it wasn't done. Also, some sort of finish on them that won't glare, and will deaden the sound. I see a great opportunity for accessories with these as well (bow hanger extensions, hooks, etc... for the top of the tree)

I will have to give them a try out here in Pierre.

Also, some sort of finish on them that won't glare, and will deaden the sound. I see a great opportunity for accessories with these as well (bow hanger extensions, hooks, etc... for the top of the tree)

You said it for me! We are finalizing the details for a full line of accessories that will connect to the same bracket. We are also finalizing details for a "premium" bracket that would be anodized, but to be honest a lot of guys like the aluminum so you can find your spot back. When they are black or dark color they can be hard to find!

Most guys are finding that they love the ability to use your cordless drill to install the screws into the tree as it goes so much quicker in setup. If you want to use a hand tool we recommend a ratchet with a 1/4" socket that you can put our bit into (or just buy a torx socket).

-Tim

Great idea and built around the one thing I don't like about hunting - dealing with all the "idiots" out there. Only part of the sport I don't like & countless reasons why- the idiot people.

Veteran's Giveaway - New ODIN Hunting Products Tree Steps

In honor of a holiday that should technically be EVERY day, we would like to give people the opportunity to say thanks to a Veteran. We're doing a giveaway for one set of ODIN's new tree steps through our Facebook page. Hop on over to www.facebook.com/odinhunting and the giveaway will be the first post.

Leave a comment for that first post, tagging your chosen veteran's name in the comment. Make sure to like the page as well for notifications on the selection and future giveaways. If you have served and want to be in the drawing, there is nothing wrong with nominating yourself.

The name will be drawn this Sunday, Nov. 16th so don't miss out!

Thanks for being a community supportive of the great folks that make this country the best place on earth!

picture.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom