Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need some help aging this buck

I guess nothing comes out and screams young to me. I'd say he's mature and he wouldn't be getting the pass from me!

I don't know what kind of bucks you have shot but I shoot him every day of the season man. Then again, I don't have ground where I can pass bucks knowing they have a good chance to live to see next season. Good luck whatever you choose!

I don't know what kind of bucks you have shot but I shoot him every day of the season man. Then again, I don't have ground where I can pass bucks knowing they have a good chance to live to see next season. Good luck whatever you choose!

This buck would be about the same as my two biggest bucks. There is another monster I'm getting on camera that I have been after for 3 years now. He blew up a lot from last year but he is a loner and very nocturnal. I've never had him on cam with other deer and only 1 time during the day. The buck in this video is showing up at both of my stands and in some last minute light, so this guy is a strong contender for an arrow. Just wanted some confirmation on mature or not and that I was seeing what I thought I was.

This buck just showed up late last season and apparently liked the area. In 2 weeks I have about 10 sightings on camera.

Tough call but I'd lean more towards 4.

He is very similar to the buck I shot last year but mine is clearly smaller and I couldn't believe how he stretched the tape! That deer is awesome regardless of score but he will surprise you. Good luck man, I'd be shooting if I were you.

This guy just missed making 150. They are pretty similar with those curvy tines but your bucks are longer. Just putting into perspective for you. I think that buck is a stud!!

I think I have a bead on this guy but he still looks young. I'm between 3 and 4 instead of 4-5. What do you folks think?

http://vid50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/milescoffin1/MFDC0116_zpswbfdofhs.mp4

I finally laid eyes on this buck tonight. He came out of a thick bedding area with an hour to go. He wanted nothing to do south my calls and just strolled across the ridge into another bedding area.

I've had a couple rough years of bow hunting and this is probably the first shooter I've seen during the day in 2 seasons. I about forgot my name let alone what I should do to get him to come over. I'm excited for next weekend when I can hunt all day Sat and Sunday. From what I'm seeing in camera and today, I think I have a good shoot at this guy.

With that buck, it doesn't even matter, I'd be shooting for sure! Unless of course you have some absolute Giants running around that make him look small. Which most guys, including me, don't have.

Can't see the body well enough to be certain of his age but if he walked by me I would be doing my best to collect a tooth to send in to find out for sure. :D Or you could say he's as old as he'll ever get if I had my way. CHUTE him! ;)

With that buck, it doesn't even matter, I'd be shooting for sure! Unless of course you have some absolute Giants running around that make him look small. Which most guys, including me, don't have.

Oh he's getting shot if I get the chance. I had to revive this thread from last year because the mobile app won't let me start a new thread anymore. I have one bigger but he is a nocturnal ghost. This one is really active and I do get shooting hours pictures off him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom