Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody out there

Pretty slow for me. Been out since sunrise. Passed a young 11 point early on. Saw another younger buck shortly after. Both where hitting the scrapes. Nothing since.

I spend 75% of my day driving rural roads, I saw quita a bit of deer movement around 9am this morning.

I was able to go out for a quick hunt before work. Saw quite a few does and one nice shooter in search mode. Wish I could have stayed out longer, but duty calls.

Morning was hit and miss just like tonight. 2 of us out today on same farm. One guys in hot action and the other is quiet. Numerous 150's chasing. I've seen squat this afternoon and he's been covered with bucks.

Sat out today and seen nothing. But then again my day was ruined by some jackass walking through the woods shooting every squirrel he seen with his shotgun. He was turned in last year for shooting right next to us and in our direction. Seems he's above the law. Next time he will have some flat tires to deal with. I'm tired of people noticing you sitting in a tree stand and still stay to Unload there gun on nothing.

Drove past a piece I hunted last weekend and saw a 130-140 8pt tending a doe at 12:30. Got the call from my friend who was out checking cameras that the same 8pt was finally getting the deed done at around 1:30-2 in picked corn stalks.

Looking forward to an all day sit in Lucas tomorrow! Dad's first time hunting the rut hope he sees some action.

Had a super night...right up until I missed the big one. Oh well I'll just have to go again tomorrow. Lot's of deer moving. Some chasing. But sporadic.

I was out this evening had a nice looking tall tine young 8 come by at 4 pm then walking out seen 3 deer in the field 30 yards away noticed 1 of them was Jim Dandy the giant 10 I have lots of pics of he looked at me so i took 5 steps back & he started walking towards me so I dropped the binos and antlers and sat on the creek levy he walked right up to me about 10 yards away looking right at me could not get a shot he turned & got up on the creek levy & tried to get behind me to scent me then it went quiet so I figured he moved on so I stood up to finish walking out & he was directly behind me staring at me it was pretty dark at that time when I stood up he took off back down the levy into the field with the 2 does & stood there so I grunted with my mouth & rattled and they finally ran across the road,Was an awesome encounter but not the way I preffered it being my #1 buck.My heart was definately pumping I didn't no if he was gonna attack me or what pretty crazy to say the least.

I had a great morning. I saw for sure 7 or 8 different bucks by 0900. 5 I could have easily shot within 20 yards. I passed a really nice heavy 8, hope I don't regret that. Had a dink and a young 8 bed near me for the afternoon and then about 4pm saw 4 bucks until dark. No chasing, but they were on the move in the morning and evening on the lookout. I didn't see a single doe, but probably 10 or 11 bucks total. I was hunting in the timber about 3/4 to the top of a ridge.

I sat all day the first hour 4 doe 1 young 10 pt didn't see another till the same buck came back by 1 hr before dark. Then seen 3 more doe. I thought it would have been better back at it the rest of the week

Lots of action at dark- heard bucks fighting as well and rattled in two great bucks. Just not what I am looking to shoot. Can't wait for the weekend

good night

Saw 6 different bucks and probably around fifteen does. Sat off bedding area next to a large food plot. Had to slither in to stand as was a doe already out feeding at 2:45. One of our target bucks was there when I got there but went the wrong way. I guess I get to keep hunting!

sat 7 hrs today, saw half rack 6 1/2 hrs into the hunt. I'm not sure what to do tomorrow, today was very disappointing!

Sat this morning until 11. Saw 8 different bucks from first light until 8am. Every 15 minutes or so, nose to the ground, every scrape got hit on that ridge I was on. Only problem is not a one was mature. Saw 2 more bucks from 9-11 then I had to take care of some things so I wasn't able to finish out the day.

I saw two small bucks on the same ridge top I was on yesterday morning that I saw about 10. I also had a doe with a yearling go by. I got a little spoiled yesterday morning I think. I got down about 1030. I ate lunch and came back to the property and got out the climber to hunt a spot I noticed on the way out that had some really good sign. Late afternoon and had two smaller bucks out searching and then 30 minutes before dark 3 bucks chasing a doe and grunting, one was mature. That was the first actual chasing I have seen this fall.

Top Bottom