Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Artic Vortex!

loneranger

well we all better get the bucks this week cause if we think its gettin cold this week next week will be even colder. The old artic vortex from last winter is back. And no weather comiters even saw it coming. Lows at night on single digits and on bare ground . No moisture either for the past 5 wks in my area. Next wk will make 6.

Bring it! I'm sick of stripping down before I walk to my stand so I don't sweat as much. Fat guys hunting days like today don't mix well!

Dang wind though.

I'll be just fine in my heater body suit. I don't know how I ever hunted without one. I highly recommend them if you are wondering how they work. Only downside is you get very sleepy from being too warm.

Last edited:
Snow and cold hit us last night. 5-6 inches of snow, blowing terrible. It's 1 degree out not counting wind chill. saved my vaca hours for this week and now can't get to my areas.

I have a suit. Only thing with them is they are kinda clumsy to get into and climb a ladder. Even more awkward to get in it up in a tight spot stand. Good for a ground blind though. You are lucky you got some moisture up there though. Even if it is in the form of snow! With these temps already,,, what will Jan be like?

To add to this discussion which I think has ended but anyway. Two wks ago i was listening to the noon farm show in Des. They were talking to the Nat Weather Service who said so far,,, Nov and Dec looked to be on the milder side!

Actually I have read winters could be colder as well as warmer summers. If this pattern persists Alaska and the west Coast will have a record mild Winter. Bad news for the drought stricken west and Calif

We are supposed to have the worst winter in decades. Boo.
Colder and more snow.
So far we r dancing compared to last yr at this time as we hardly have any snow and lows are only around -5 fahrenheit.

I have been hearing for awhile that this winter would be just as cold or colder than last year, but not for as long. I hope it is not as bad as they say. It would be nice to have a few deer left next Spring, and to be able to get work done outside this winter.

I am guessing that I should have gone ahead and installed a wood stove this summer. I need to invest in a crystal ball so I know where I will be living next winter.

Al Gore is a joke. He pollutes the air with his lifestyle big Time. I form my opinions with stats and my 62yrs of watching nature.

With this set up,,,a Ridge out west coast a trouh east coast Iowa should be shot with cold blasts but not much precip. The big storms will be east. Look out New York City. Just like last winter.

Top Bottom