Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Walk by me please

sep0667

Land of the Whitetail
Here are a few of the bucks I am chasing this year. These are all from the same property, which is only 17 acres, and that includes the landowners house/yard. Notice the date/time on the cam is wrong, I haven't even gone up to it to fix that as I'm afraid of busting deer out.

The deer in the area like to bed on this property and then head out to the surrounding fields and fencelines. I wish I could get a stand up in it somewhere as I think it would be dynamite and could see a lot of action, but the property mainly consists of tall grass and just thick brush/junk trees that are small. I can hear deer moving around in it all the time, but cannot see them from the blind.

I can only hunt this property with a S/SW wind. It is tough to sneak in and out without spooking deer. You can see my blind in the background of the pic. This is an area that is becoming increasingly urban and I fear my time left being able to hunt here is very limited. The property that borders the back off the 17 acres that my blind is set up against is now owned by a development group.

Buck #1
picture.php

Buck #2 This is the big 8 that I have posted about where I shot my blind.
picture.php

Buck #3 I have his sheds from last year, he is smaller this year. I think he is an old buck, check out that Roman nose.
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Some nice bucks! Looks like you have quite the honey hole. I doubt development will hurt it too much once everything gets built. The best property I ever hunted was in city limits and mostly bordered by developments. It felt weird being able to see so many houses from the treestand, but the deer didn't mind.

It looks like you have about the perfect setup as it is. Just figure out a way to get in there. Maybe it will require a full day in the blind. Get in there WELL before first light and sit all day. Who knows.

A ladder stand could go anywhere on that property. Trees are definitely big enough. jmo

A ladder stand could go anywhere on that property. Trees are definitely big enough. jmo

Or a tripod/tower blind. How big are the trees? Would need to consider silhouetting and swaying of the trees. But looks like they don't mind that blind too much. Which way is the wind at the time of those pics?

Or a tripod/tower blind. How big are the trees? Would need to consider silhouetting and swaying of the trees. But looks like they don't mind that blind too much. Which way is the wind at the time of those pics?

The trees in the background of the pic are not on a property I have permission on. About 10 yards behind the blind is about a 20 foot drop to a creek below. The biggest trees on the property are really no bigger than that tree closest to the camera. Sure, it is big enough to put a stand in, not very high up of course, but I would stick out like a soar thumb. I tower blind on blind on stilts would be a good idea, but I highly doubt the landowner would go for that. They are use to my blind because its been sitting there for a while, I set it up well before the season started.

The trees in the background of the pic are not on a property I have permission on. About 10 yards behind the blind is about a 20 foot drop to a creek below. The biggest trees on the property are really no bigger than that tree closest to the camera. Sure, it is big enough to put a stand in, not very high up of course, but I would stick out like a soar thumb. I tower blind on blind on stilts would be a good idea, but I highly doubt the landowner would go for that. They are use to my blind because its been sitting there for a while, I set it up well before the season started.

Yeah, sounds like your blind may be the best option vs. the trees. I guess I couldn't tell there was a creek there, I was seeing the blind sitting pretty close to those background trees. Maybe a portable tripod that you can take down easily? Also, I can see why you took a shot at that 8!

I would no doubt take time off work for that opportunity! Some food, warm clothing and a mr heater would be my answer, SSw wind doesn't happen often,like the one guy said get in early( little to no wind day) and wait him out, good luck! Let me know what happens!

Top Bottom