Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Got it Done!

Cyclone27

PMA Member
I haven't been very active on the site this year as its my senior year of college and that has life incredibly busy. This weekend was only my third and fourth night of sitting this year but it paid off and I'd like to share the short story. I sat on Friday night in my "killing stand" as I like to call it. I passed up 6 deer that were within range that night and saw a number of others further out. It was one of the best nights I had had from a stand as far as constant action goes. Not a lot of chasing but the deer were definitely responding to calls.

I was excited to get out Saturday and have another good sit. I was in the stand but 2:00 and was prepared for a long afternoon sit. I hadn't gotten pictures of any bucks since August and with my busy schedule I decided I was going to take the first respectable buck that came close. Just after 3:00 I heard some steps coming up over a hill right in front of me. A small doe popped up followed by a nice 10 point buck grunting right on her tail. They were moving towards me quickly but luckily enough they we so distracted by each other that I could grab my bow without being caught. I only had to think for a second if I wanted to shoot him or not. I was sold as soon as he showed me his brow tines (I'm a sucker for nice brows).

The doe came down and crossed the creek bed directly below my stand. The buck was still halfway up the hill but I knew he'd follow her. I drew on him and held the pin on his chest as he made is way 15 yards closer to me. He stopped in the EXACT same spot that I shot my buck in last year. I let the arrow fly and knew as soon as it hit that this buck was mine. He left a red carpet of lung blood 100 yards to his final resting place.

I didn't have any history with the buck but I was still ecstatic to take another beautiful deer. Every hunt gives me even more respect for these animals. Maybe I'll take one from that exact spot again next year!

Top Bottom