Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

stands

Rich77

Im looking to add 3-4 more perminant stands to the arsenal for next season.
90 percent of all our perminant set ups are big game boss and ameristep that were all purchased 3-4 yrs ago after trying all the 39.00 menards stuff.
I have a few summits, gorilla,2 different millenniums, lonewolf. ..
Anyone have a go to stand that they really like thats in the 60-100.00 range.
Im leaning towards the Millennium m-25.
Just looking for some other opinions

Those millenniums are comfortable but damn they are a pain in the @$$ to hang and then you have to put another ratchet strap that doesn't come with it around the bottom because they are loose as hell. Put a couple up for a friend this year and they were 10x harder than anything else I've hung. Maybe im just not used to their style and maybe they make them different now or something but I'll never buy them.

Other than a lonewolf the easiest hanging stand is made by big game.
The Millennium isnt too bad at all i dont think. Fold the platform up and tighten the ratchet and then fold the platform down and the few times ive moved an m-25 it has worked pretty well.
Im a treestand safety nut so every stand gets additional strap/ straps if its a perminant set.
I do not care at all for the m-100 bracket design. Leaves the bottom very loose without additional straps and actually had a good friend test out his harness in october after the bottom of the stand kicked out...

I had heard about them but didnt really look into them until tonight. Other than the name they are identical to LW. I will be buying a few sets of sticks once they are released.

Liv do you know what the deal is with xop? In business with lonewolf or something? Can't imagine that close of a match without being the same.

I see. Wonder if they make them at the same quality or if they've taken some shortcuts.

I see. Wonder if they make them at the same quality or if they've taken some shortcuts.

In my opinion they are better than LW. No hollow tubing on seat post. Seat is actually comfortable. The quality is just as good as the LWs I have. We bought 8 stands and 6 sets of sticks earlier this year. Great stuff.

I personally will not buy another stand for permanent sets that isn't a Muddy outfitter lite.

These are regularly $99 and go on sale for $79. I have 4 of them I think right now and plan on picking up another 6 for next year. Absolutely rock solid, easy to hang, and good seats.

I personally will not buy another stand for permanent sets that isn't a Muddy outfitter lite.

These are regularly $99 and go on sale for $79. I have 4 of them I think right now and plan on picking up another 6 for next year. Absolutely rock solid, easy to hang, and good seats.

I heard muddy got bought out by big game tree stands. Is that true?

XOP website says that the founder of lone wolf and his son designed the stands. Evidently they sold lone wolf and waited for patent to run out and then found ways to improve the old lone wolf stands

I had a chance this afternoon to look over an xop... its a lonewolf to a T other than i think its a little better built with a more comfortable seat, i love my lonewolfs but i feel this stand is better quality for less money. I wonder why LW let the patent run out, seems foolish

I had a chance this afternoon to look over an xop... its a lonewolf to a T other than i think its a little better built with a more comfortable seat, i love my lonewolfs but i feel this stand is better quality for less money. I wonder why LW let the patent run out, seems foolish

I hear yah there. I felt like I was stealing the stand at $129.99 when we bought them. I believe all patents run out sooner or later. Maybe I am wrong.

I hear yah there. I felt like I was stealing the stand at $129.99 when we bought them. I believe all patents run out sooner or later. Maybe I am wrong.

Yes. I believe patents only last like a 10 years or so. It may be more, but there is a time limit on them.

I heard muddy got bought out by big game tree stands. Is that true?

I sell their products at the store & talked to them the other day & yes, they did. They said they are going to keep everything the same for the next year or so and then they 'might' start changing some things (whatever that means).
Big Game did not buy the BloodSport line, though.

Top Bottom