Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This is a terrible way to die.

houston

I'm guilty of not always using my safety harness, this is a loud reminder as to why there isn't an excuse.
From the ex-caliber web page~
Hunting Fatality hits home

by Hester0305 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:28 pm
Prayers are needed for a local man's family, Billy Wilson 42 yoa was involved in a hunting accident just several miles from my home yesterday morning where he fell from his tree stand and was found hanging from his make shift harness by another hunter that heard him yelling for help. He apparently suffocated before the other hunter found him.
Please pray for his family.
http://www.thedigitalcourier.com/news/forestcity/x761894451/Deer-hunting-fatality

Not trying to question the article but how do you suffocate but are heard yelling for help? Constriction by his harness?

I had a guy in my hometown in Illinois found hanging and had suffocated from his harness. Sad-

Last edited:
Not trying to question the article but how do you suffocate but are heard yelling for help? Constriction by his harness?

Had a buddies dad pass away this way. They said he used all the air in his lungs to yell for help and every yell the harness kept tightening on his lungs. Not a good way to go.

Yeah they said he had a make-shift harness on. I know some of the old designs were just a strap around your chest. I can't believe I actually wore those things.

Budy said they call those harnesses widow makers. Would be hard for me to throw one of those on after hearing that.

i was just talking about this the other day.. when i first started bowhunting at around 11 my grandpa would drop me off at my stand and strap me in.. but the harness was only the single strap around the waist.. can't believe that anyone ever thought that was a good idea..

Best way to die

Yes, dying in a harness, hanging in a tree, would suck.

But, what would your ideal way to go be. Mine...Breaking my neck leaping from a 3rd floor balcony while being chased by a jealous husband when I am 105, now that's the way to go.

Top Bottom