Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

I'm not having much luck coyote hunting, but just called in a Bald Eagle. haha

I couldn't even begin to count how many set ups it took before it finally worked. Its a blast thought and i dont get out enough to do it.
Right now is a perfect time to use territorial howls since its nearly the coyote "rut"

Lmao. I got lucky second set I ever did one came running in and it was mid day and 90 degrees outside. Haven't been able to call another one in since.

The first one that i ever had come to the call did it in 2 ft of snow and came completely from behind me and ran into my backpack... that was still on my back!
I ended up shooting that yote at about 6 yards with a 3 1/2" hevi shot dead coyote load. You can expect some pelt damage at that range and a heart rate that is out of this world

One day I was out about 2am calling and I put my caller in a brush pile about 50 yards away tucked in the shadows. I was watching the bottom when I heard a big crash in the brushpile. My caller fell down and I could see something attacking my caller. I thought it was a coyote that came from the way I was not watching. I stood up and started stalking to the brush pile. My heart was racing as I got about 10 yards away and it was still attacking my caller in the brush pile. I got right up to the big downed tree and I was going to pop over and start shooting. Right when I popped over a huge owl flew up in my face. I had to change my underwear that night.

Two weekends ago we went 2 for 16 sets. The 13th and 14th produced. Last Friday, 5 sets and were unsuccessful on the one that we called in.

Top Bottom