Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone recognize this person?

He is coming off a section that I have permission to hunt and also butts up to our adjacent section. Essentially it is a corner where 3 sections all meet. From the direction he is coming from he either came off of us or one of the other 2 pieces I hunt and ask for permission every year to hunt. Never seen the guy prior only reason he looks out of place, I would have figured the land owners would have told me about him getting permission or ran into him previously.

Just thinking, if he was trespassing, and saw your trail camera (which it looks like he does) you think you would still have your trail camera?

I thought exact same thing, camera is over bait which makes it more visible. I really am not trying to bust the guy, but at the same time if he shouldn't be there I would like to know that too. When no one knows who the guy is in the area that is concerning too.

He wasn't worried about getting his picture taken or the camera would be gone. I can't believe no one around you knows him. What in the heck would he be doing far from home?

He is decked in camo- wearing a backpack- it seems to me he was out looking for some bone- and who knows- maybe he thought it didnt take his pic - all speculation. tresspasser is a tresspasser though

I never put a cam out anywhere without locking it up. I know of older guys that go come from northern Wisconsin to southern Iowa to shed hunt. Happens a lot, retired, spare time..... People of all ages sneak around.

I never put a cam out anywhere without locking it up. I know of older guys that go come from northern Wisconsin to southern Iowa to shed hunt. Happens a lot, retired, spare time..... People of all ages sneak around.

Funny thing is, I put this one up and joked with a buddy if there was one to get yanked it would be this one. Most cams have security boxes especially in areas that I think might lend its self to more suspicious activity.

Regardless, what their story is retired, not retired, young, old, etc., if you don't ask and don't have permission it is WRONG.

On a positive, the guy didn't have any sheds in any of the 3 picks I got of him. I do believe he was shed hunting and most likely just cam off of the corn field in the background.

Makes you sick though that it has come to this, and seems more and more common.

I didn't see the guy on any other cams, he showed up on a Monday so would be during the week where chances of being seen would be lower.

From what i gathered from your posts, you haven't actually talked to the land owner about the person, or showed the land owner the pic yet.
Is that right?

From what i gathered from your posts, you haven't actually talked to the land owner about the person, or showed the land owner the pic yet. Is that right?

I have talked and sent a pic message to the land owner's son who I work with. The property that he is coming off of I haven't got a hold of them. But if he had permission for that property he no longer is on it in the photo he crossed the fence to get into the creek bottom.

I have talked and sent a pic message to the land owner's son who I work with. The property that he is coming off of I haven't got a hold of them. But if he had permission for that property he no longer is on it in the photo he crossed the fence to get into the creek bottom.

Ah, no bueno indeed.
Good luck finding him and clearing things up.

Ah, no bueno indeed.
Good luck finding him and clearing things up.

Other land owner who he came from sent a message and he can't identified him either. Just had a friend shoot me message saying he saw a vehicle with Wisconsin plates parked in the area last week. Weird.

This time of year...the leading candidates in my mind are:

1. Shed hunter - the apparent backpack is telling to me.
2. Coyote hunter - but since he wasn't in a pickup, I am leaning away from that one.
3. Rabbit hunter - season is still open, but I don't know many older gentlemen that still stomp around for rabbits. :D

Top Bottom