Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

March Weather?

loneranger

So far, for March,,I say more of the same. Trough East-Ridge West. Meaning,,,Cold Iowa East-Warm Neb West. Once in awhile, a change up, where Iowa gets in on some of the milder Western Air, but then, Slame,,Cold again. I am hoping for a slow warm up, to keep my fruit buds closed until freeze threat is good and past, like mid April.This forecast could be all wrong of coarse,,if there is a Major Pattern shift,,but I don't see it.

I can't wait for warm weather to get these cooped up kids out of the house to play. I do not remember these cold winters when I was a kid. Only a month and 13 days to go to chase thunder chickens!!

Was starting to wonder when your March predictions were coming out. I hate cold turkey hunting by the way, hoping you predict a timely spring warm up.

I have read about Iowa winters when it stayed around zero for weeks. We have had many warm-ups this winter, at least across central and south Iowa. I road my bike on the tressel trail 4 times the last 2 wks of Jan. Jan actually averaged out above average. I have seen pics of huge drifts along my SE Iowa roads from winters past. Most of Iowa got only two significant snowfalls the past 3 months. I kinda like the winter months. Outdoors is quieter. Busy-for me- slows down. Hard on the wildlife though, and you do get tired of looking at brown and dead. Amazing how the dead lifeless fields and woods will become burgeoning with life in a short time!

Get your-P-Srayed clothes ready too. Not much frost in the ground,least my area. Ticks will be waking up fast too :mad:

Get your-P-Srayed clothes ready too. Not much frost in the ground,least my area. Ticks will be waking up fast too :mad:

I suspect you are right about the ticks...aarrgghh! Although this little maneuver probably only serves to give me satisfaction, as I know you will never get rid of the buggers this way...I have found that if you have any metal/steel that is "out in the grass", like an implement or trailer, etc, that it will be COVERED in ticks right as things warm up in the spring.

I assume they are gravitating towards the warmest thing that they can find in their little habitat circle. But I usually go out and spray those implements with permetherin on a sunny day and kill dozens or even hundreds of them in one swoop. Somehow, there are still plenty of survivors :D, but at least I feel as though I gave them a beat down! :D

Top Bottom