Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Lease rate

I can't control leasing, no one can. No one can control who buys the ground I have permission on unless I buy it. Lot of things we can't control. There will always be a farm to hunt (quality might be terrible and too many hunters) for someone & the guys who own, lease, whatever - I can see why they do it and what they are trying to accomplish. Just my 2 cents being on both sides of this issue.

Pretty astute observation for a young feller. ;) Pretty well sums up the vast majority of the last 12 pages of this thread! Can we put it to bed now?

Local or out of town still sucks to have a farm leased out from under you. Can't really blame land owners that dont hunt. Bugs me when they take advantage. Paying way to little. There should be more regs on stuff like that, ins should be required. To me doesn't matter where they come from. It is sad where it is leading though.

Why would you ever want more regulations??? We are regulated way too much in this country.
The cost of playing this sport continues to grow and you think carrying insurance should be required?
Is it not the landowners right to lease the ground for the amount of their choosing? If the land owner fails to research the "going" rate for leases that's on them not the person leasing it.
If the property was so hot maybe you could of educated the land owner about the potential of leasing and that if it ever came to that you would appreciate them contacting you first.

Yeah the DNR loves you local boys as well, the same local boys that cross every fence line, hunt from the road and ignore any law out there! Guess what.....QDMA is not going away and that local boy mentality is fading quickly! Nothing wrong with a lot of local boys but ones with attitudes like you 2 are what creates the problems. Most LO don't lease for the money alone but they get fed up with the good ole local boys who think they own the neighborhood
in

Sounds like you know a lot about things you don't have a clue about. We cross every fence line because we help those other land owners during the winter spring and summer. While a lot of LO aren't around. We all grew up together and know each other's grandparents parents and kids. I help a guy harvest and I can hunt his land. You people open up your billfold and expect to get a CO badge with your lease. My attitude said nothing about trespassing or shooting from the road. That's a stereotype that you think is the truth everywhere. Also we pretty much do own the neighborhood. Get back on your high horse and ride away little buddy and maybe think before you run your trap about people you don't know.

in Sounds like you know a lot about things you don't have a clue about. We cross every fence line because we help those other land owners during the winter spring and summer. While a lot of LO aren't around. We all grew up together and know each other's grandparents parents and kids. I help a guy harvest and I can hunt his land. You people open up your billfold and expect to get a CO badge with your lease. My attitude said nothing about trespassing or shooting from the road. That's a stereotype that you think is the truth everywhere. Also we pretty much do own the neighborhood. Get back on your high horse and ride away little buddy and maybe think before you run your trap about people you don't know.

I wasn't stating you specifically but when you can drive down just about any gravel road during gun season and it's lined with guys standing and waiting on someone to run them some deer and all the plates are local it's not hard to figure out. Just talked to a LO who stated he wants to lease because the local boys don't want a thing to do with him till Nov then he's the most popular guy in the section. Stated he's never had a problem with a guy who leased but the locals are the problem.....I didn't say every local by the way! Most LO's state that the local boys think they can go wherever they want because they grew up down the road and are "entitled". Anyone who hunts Southern Iowa knows some of those "local" boys, if not your living under a rock

Most are non-landowners

I own land. i can make money leasing my land...taxes, mortgage. Why would i not lease for as much as I can get. It is simple math booner. you shouldnt be surprised. Those that have money rule, those that don't suck hind tit. simple, realistic, unpleasant truth. I dont apologize. Work harder, be smart, do the right things, buy land, and you are the boss. nostalgia is for the uninformed.

I own land. i can make money leasing my land...taxes, mortgage. Why would i not lease for as much as I can get. It is simple math booner. you shouldnt be surprised. Those that have money rule, those that don't suck hind tit. simple, realistic, unpleasant truth. I dont apologize. Work harder, be smart, do the right things, buy land, and you are the boss. nostalgia is for the uninformed.

I can promise there is no hind tit sucking from my end ;) seem like a bold statement coming from a Male Nurse. It's obvious those guys with money who feel the need to tell everyone about it are obviously trying to overcompensate for things god didn't bless them with :D.

Can we please move this thread to the graveyard, it's really getting old listening to all these middle age men bitch and moan. It's march 10th fella's, I'm sure you all have leased land to walk for sheds, better get to it :)

Last edited:
Why would you ever want more regulations??? We are regulated way too much in this country.
The cost of playing this sport continues to grow and you think carrying insurance should be required?
Is it not the landowners right to lease the ground for the amount of their choosing? If the land owner fails to research the "going" rate for leases that's on them not the person leasing it.
If the property was so hot maybe you could of educated the land owner about the potential of leasing and that if it ever came to that you would appreciate them contacting you first.

I do because how can an 80 year old that doesn't hunt, doesn't use the internet but is a kind person protect himself? If you want to lease be responsable. He doesn't know he may be liable. And just because one person says he won't sue how can he stop his family from doing so if he is unable to control the situation. I think its bs that people take advantage. And it sends a poor message. I have no interest in leasing. I will spend my money elsewhere and not waste it. There most likely will not "always" be private to gain access too. Rich get richer. Many farmers want hunters to keep nbers in check, and they dont charge anything. Because it helps them. Nothing foolish about that.

you are so outta line i cant even begin too say how much. you are the poster boy for leasing land. I don't give a $&& if you grandfather hunted my property. i dont give a $&@@ if your father tresspassed on my farm. I dont give a $&@& what you think you are entitled to. YOU DONT OWN ANYTHING. YOU HAVENT PAID FOR IT, YOU HAVENT WORKED FOR IT. $&&$ SO WHAT THE ...., I HAVENT LIVED THERE FOR A HUNDRED YEARS. THAT JUST MEANS YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH NOT TO HAVE TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THIS PROPERTY AND BOUGHT IT. YOU SOUND LIKE A UNION GUY, MAKE OTHERS PAY FOR YOUR CHOICE. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!! I DONT WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR STUPIDITY...............
Stupidity was attempting to read your past post. How old are you? Boone County guy right? Better re-read this entire thread and go drink a few more beers fella!!!! I made my peace and left this party, until yet again someone calls me out. I'm out of line? Right! When you come back to planet earth and realize life isn't all about flowers and daisy maybe you'll realize where other people are coming from. Until then, enjoy that 30 pack.

Last edited:
It's so funny how guys are so willing to stick that piece of dead meat in front of that ol' snappers face, teasing him and toying him; yet when they get bit they chop of his head and throw him in the creek as if it was his fault and intention to bite when provoked. Thanks for your service, fighting for our freedom is a truely remarkable thing. Something I'll never get to do; however we are talking about deer hunting and leasing land; let's stay on that track. I've got a brother whose battling cancer at the ripe ol age of 22; personal demons serve no purpose on an online thread, let alone one about deer hunting.

you think im drinking?

I will again ask you what you have done. i dont drink, no drugs, nothing stupid. Lets shift this to you. you work? I am betting you are 20-30, play lots and lots of video games, dont have a clue what it takes to make a country work, what it takes to make a country free so you can say the stupid stuff you say. Lets hear what You have done. I suspect you havent done a thing, havent been anywhere.
Havent contributed anything but to yourself. So lets hear about you, personally , booner, what do you do?

By local boys you are referring to the trespassing, poaching, radio using, shooting out of trucks, chasing down deer, property destroying POS correct. Because that's what our "local boys" are!!!!

Last edited:
By local boys you are referring to the trespassing, poaching, radio using, shooting out of trucks, chasing down deer, property destroying POS correct. Because that's what our "local boys" are!!!!

At least 1 honest, smart person on this site^^^

Top Bottom