Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Kaylees Turkey

Both my kids filled their youth tags this year! We were not expecting much on this hunt. It was a local Wednesday evening hunt and wind was howling. She hadn't got her turn to hunt yet so we went anyway. After dinking around trying to decide where to hunt we finally got set up at 520pm. So we're sitting there in the blind throwing yelps out now and then just enjoying the nice breeze and giving the kid crap for Instagram addiction when we had a hen answer behind us. "Ahh it's just a hen" my daughter says. I remind her she could have a silent Tom with her. She then picks up the shooting sticks and starts doing and singing the YMCA with them...Good Grief. 5 minutes later I yelp and have a hen cut me off right behind the blind. I peak out the back of the blind. Here is a hen at 15 yds closing fast with strutter in tow! We instantly get ready and turn camera on. Hen walks right by blind strutter follows suit. He spots the jake decoy and takes off on a run to his fight with a decoy where after a minute my kid decides to drop the hammer and makes a great shot on jelly head bobbing up and down pecking the decoy. Bird got it at 550. That makes two 1/2 hr hunts this spring. 24x10x1 1/8". Love this time of year!

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Love to see the girls out hunting! Nice picture too!!

It's amazing the patience my girls have when it comes down to crunch time. Ol dad gets worked up like a top knowing that so many things can go wrong trying to help a youth score a turkey. Pure emotion when the gun goes bang and turkey laying on the ground. I sound like a idiot in the videos.

Top Bottom