Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question on Gly

scottonbuck

I sprayed about 2 acres or rye and random weeds today with 41% Gly. roughly 1.5 hrs after i sprayed the sky opened up and rained. My question is that enough time for the Gly to take hold or did the rain kill my hopes of nuking the rye? Im thinking i will probably have to re apply in a couple of days but wanted to get some opinions.

I sprayed about 2 acres or rye and random weeds today with 41% Gly. roughly 1.5 hrs after i sprayed the sky opened up and rained. My question is that enough time for the Gly to take hold or did the rain kill my hopes of nuking the rye? Im thinking i will probably have to re apply in a couple of days but wanted to get some opinions.

Unlikely to work that well, but Its not all the same.....some of the roundup weathermax claim 30 min. The generic stuff.....not so much.... I don't have any scientific data like others on this board may have, but it seems a MINIMUM of 2+ hrs based on my experience. I assume your spray rate has something to do with it as well.

I think you'll be fine. As long as it dried completely before the rain, you're good. And no way it wouldn't have fully dried in that amount of time. How many oz per acre did you use?

I think you'll be fine. As long as it dried completely before the rain, you're good. And no way it wouldn't have fully dried in that amount of time. How many oz per acre did you use?

Hard to say for from a distance, but I agree with Magnus. I think the odds are that you will be fine.

one other thing.... rye (grain), wheat, & oats all seem very easy to kill. The broadleafs are the ones I would question in your scenario.

I mixed 32 oz to 20gal of water, I also added roughly 3/4 cup of Dawn soap as a surfactant. I will be traveling this week for work so i will check it out this weekend to see if they rye has reacted at all. I sprayed it pretty heavy as well went over everything twice to ensure good coverage.

As long as it had time to dry on the leaf it will kill it. It may take a little longer to see dead weeds with the cool weather though this time of year.

Update: It worked I stopped by Sunday 7 days after the application and the field was a nice yellow color. The broadleafs also were wilting so i deem this application a success.

I mixed 32 oz to 20gal of water, I also added roughly 3/4 cup of Dawn soap as a surfactant. I will be traveling this week for work so i will check it out this weekend to see if they rye has reacted at all. I sprayed it pretty heavy as well went over everything twice to ensure good coverage.
I use 16oz to every 5 gallons and never have a problem with a right after rain

I have never heard of anybody using dawn dish soap as a surfactant?

This was my first time, i talked to a few guys that swore by it. It seemed to work pretty well. I figured i could buy a bottle for $.97 and get a few applications out of it and if it didnt help i wouldnt be out much.

Dish soap is (or maybe more accurately has in it) surfactant. It changes the surface tension of the water to allow it to stick to the plant better. Fabric softener would work too but I've never actually tried it.

Top Bottom