Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

where to buy seed

arm

Leg
I'm in the Des Moines area and head straight south often. Where are you guys buying your plot seed for custom blends? Pea, radish, turnip, clover, etc, etc. A one stop shop would be nice

Des Moines Forage & Turf in Ankeny is where my seed comes from if you are willing to "go north" a few miles

Yep, what they said. If there's a coop by your farm, which there is, they also can order all your stuff too. I just email a list to guy at my coop & delivered to my place or pickup, one stop, no hassle.

Welters website must be down, I'll check it out. I called one local coop and they had a half bag of alfalfa, that's it. I'm sure they can order and I have time so I'll check it out too

Welter appears to have quit the internet order business, may be more. Their catalogue and pricing was removed the other day and the home pages said to simply call. Then their website is gone. Looks bad to me.

Last edited:
Welter appears to have quit the internet order business, may be more. Their catalogue and pricing was removed the other day and the home pages said to simply call. Then their website is gone. Looks bad to me.

I noticed that too. I usually shop local, but have bought small amounts in low poundage from Welter. Hopefully just a web mix up.

welter seeds

I haven't gone on line to Welter Seeds rescently , but did place an order today by phone for all my fall plot seeds . It seemed like business as usual to me. Welter is a great source for all your food plot needs , and will sell by the pound . They are always very helpful and glad to spend the time necessary to help with any questions .

Yep, what they said. If there's a coop by your farm, which there is, they also can order all your stuff too. I just email a list to guy at my coop & delivered to my place or pickup, one stop, no hassle.

Or they could order some different sorghum and try to tell you it grows 8' tall and its "Kind of like" EW and you're stupid enough to try it then it grows 4' tall.

I haven't gone on line to Welter Seeds rescently , but did place an order today by phone for all my fall plot seeds . It seemed like business as usual to me. Welter is a great source for all your food plot needs , and will sell by the pound . They are always very helpful and glad to spend the time necessary to help with any questions .

Good to hear. It appears they are at least done with an on line catalog to review

Welters website is just down. They got hit with a nasty bug "worm/trojan horse"...phone orders still work. Just placed mine and my dad is headed there now.

They'll be back online ASAP. #1 spot, for sure

Sorry for the self promotion, but if you need to order online, I have a small seed business geared mainly what Paul has taught in his planting threads. Small quantities are no problem and two days shipping to Iowa and surrounding areas.
Located in upper Michigan. Just an option if needed.
Thanks
John

I got some quotes from Welter on some blends similar (very close to) to what Frigid Forage offers. They were just a bit cheaper but with the $30 for shipping/handling, more expensive. Thanks for the info

Top Bottom