Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermy turn around time

I guess another advantage of tagging out before Nov 2nd every year is that you have your deer back by April

I have been in the deer business now for 24 yrs so I think I can make some good comments on this business. A lot of this is self inflicted on the hunters part by not checking out their prospective taxi. What is there track record have you talked to there clients on there quality and there turn around time. Taxidermy takes lots of time. Not many of us are full time so it must be done in are spare time. I have seen this happen a lot to to hunters over the years and many never get their deer done or ever see it again. Many get into taxidermy and get in over their heads for many different reasons. Do your home work and hopefully this problem won't happen to you in the future.

I talked to the taxidermist about 3 months ago. Said he hadn't gotten to it yet, was really busy and just moved to a new farm. My old taxidermist gt out of the business so was in a pinch to find one. I have known this guy for awhile so I figured he was trustworthy. I didn't get any references. I will be talking to him soon and see what kind of progress has been made. If nothing has been started I will be asking for everything back.

Right now I am still waiting on my mounts from 2013, 20 months so far. Tax is a friend of mine, and does it as a side job. He is very busy, so I try to be udnerstanding :) Im ready to have them back though.

Top Bottom