Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Picture sorting & viewing fast - Better Program for going through Pictures?? HELP!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
So, my old computer had a simple KILLER program, the old Microsoft Picture Manager. I tried it on my new computer and I cannot download it right. I'm to the point, I'll pay for a good program, I don't care. I cannot go through an SD card or a bunch of pics, 1 by 1. Can't do it, takes a million years.

What I liked and what I want.... I could click the "THUMBNAIL VIEW" on Microsoft picture manager and it would cascade & show about 12 pictures on the screen, enough to see if it was coons or just does, whatever. could zoom in or out and even have 20 or 30 pics on the screen if I wanted. Made going through big loads of pics VERY FAST.

I have Windows 7, some newer junky Lenovo computer (I am not a tech guy!!!) which works fine. I hate Apple stuff (i just do, I am tech loser!). What's a program I can download or buy that works well for you guys who have lots of cards to go through and tons of pics (and heck, we all know, even 2 weeks of sitting there with does, coons, turkeys, it's easy to have a few thousand pics on each card and 80% can be junk). Any help appreciated for this Tech-Tard. Thanks!

I hate Macs. I'll have to look when I get home as I don't know what I use but it does the same thing yours did. Made cleaning up pics a breeze.

Shouldn't need any program at all in Windows 7. click on the folder where the pictures are (SD drive), click the arrow in the upper right corner (drop down menu), select the view you want (small, medium, large, XL icon). You can sort through thousands of pictures very quickly until you see the booners! :)

Shouldn't need any program at all in Windows 7. click on the folder where the pictures are (SD drive), click the arrow in the upper right corner (drop down menu), select the view you want (small, medium, large, XL icon). You can sort through thousands of pictures very quickly until you see the booners! :)

This is how I've always done it from windows xp all the way to windows 8. Of course I'm a tech tard as well and haven't tried it any other way on a PC or laptop so I'm not familiar with other programs.

What version of Windows are you running? I do use DeerLab and it works great! It is more for managing after you sort through the SD cards. Plus it saves your photos to the "cloud" along with loads of scouting tools.

On Windows 7 or 8.1 you should be able to use the viewer just need to change so settings. Let me know if you need help figuring it out.

cancelled

On a Mac after you have downloaded your pics go to the upper left corner and click the green dot. That will upsize them to where you can see them better. Scroll away. Click on any you would like to see even bigger. Double click to go back to pics. Push esc key to go back to even smaller pics.

I use the reconyx software to go thru all my pictures. It's fast and works with other cameras as we'll.

On a Mac click on the photo once to select it. The hit the "space bar" this will bring up the photo in a viewer window. Just use the up and down arrows to navigate through the photos.

Yep…that's the ticket. I looked at, sorted and saved what I wanted out of 6000 pics the other day in less than an hour. When I see one I want to look at a second time, or know for sure I want to save, I drag it to the desktop, and go back through those later.

NWBuck

Top Bottom