Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Slick trick

Oct-Lull

I am changing to a heavier broad head this year and even though I have never had a complaint with Rage I am seriously thinking of going Slick Trick Magnums. Anyone have any real world feedback? Have talked to a couple guys that say out to 40 they are just like field tips. That's plenty of range for me as I won't shoot over that anyway. Thanks

Slick Trick

My experience as been all positive. Fly like field points and are super sharp. I've killed everything from wild pigs, black bear, plenty of deer, coyotes, to turkeys and never had an issue. Been very happy with them in all areas.

No complaints here. Although I'm am going the other way. I want to try the hypodermics.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I switched to slick trick a few years ago I really like them. Great penetration and they fly great.

No complaints here. Although I'm am going the other way. I want to try the hypodermics.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Any particular reason why? My only issue is they look a tad chincy, and some say they are prone to break. I have used the original for years and had no issue.

I killed a lot of deer with slick tricks and had zero complaints or problems. I shot them from the 75 grain version to the 125 grain mag and vipertrick, grizztrick. Never had a problem.
I've been shooting the hypodermic since it came out and also have had no problems, it's a lot stronger head than the original, the blade retention is better and it's more streamlined.
Anyone that is shooting expendables I try to encourage them to broadhead tune their bow with fixed blade heads to make sure everything is flying as straight as possible.

Slicks have worked great for me. Never had a broken blade. Even when I center punched a rib. Looked like slug hit it.

Any particular reason why? My only issue is they look a tad chincy, and some say they are prone to break. I have used the original for years and had no issue.
I just wanted the cutting diameter. The slick tricks have been great and have killed I would just prefer a better blood trail. Who knows, I may go right back to the slick tricks. I wanna give the hypodermics a chance on a doe the see how I like. Sent from my iPhone using IW

I used the original slick trick on my elk last year in Idaho and passed completely through at 60 yards with them. They are extremely sharp and flew to all distances I was comfortable shooting at. I shoot shwacker on deer in Nebraska but I wouldn't hesitate using the slick tricks any time.

Best broadhead I have used and have had zero issues with it for 7 years on everything moose to whitetails. There really is no weak link with that head and I keep coming back to it.

I've used slick tricks for years. No complaints. I had a buddy get the QAD exodus recently and I tried one when we were shooting. Sunk deeper in my block target, flew tight with my field tips, and we're quieter than slick tricks (not that it matters a ton). I made the switch.

Top Bottom