Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

South Dakota Pheasant Hunting

pandy175

Looking to hunt pheasant in late November or first part of December with my brother and maybe one other person. I have never been to South Dakota pheasant hunting. Looking for advice on public ground, area and any other advice. Thanks in advance.

Miles and miles of public ground in the Pierre area and this summer we have seen and heard a lot of pheasants on it while fishing Oahe. I know plenty of ppl hunt it non resident opening weekend but I don't think you would have a problem with other hunters or finding birds later in the season.

SD

Miles and miles of public ground in the Pierre area and this summer we have seen and heard a lot of pheasants on it while fishing Oahe. I know plenty of ppl hunt it non resident opening weekend but I don't think you would have a problem with other hunters or finding birds later in the season.

Pierre area is great! The absolute best area that I have ever hunted in my life is south along the Missouri (Gregory and Winner Area).

Another thing to consider is that late in the year a lot of the pheasant lodges slow way down and you can hunt there for a fraction of the cost of earlier in the season.

Order a South Dakota hunting atlas. Free on their website. I'll be up there in October. I'll try to save some birds for you ;)

Top Bottom