Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What is your choice in Weather apps?

ironwood

Ok, I have been using The Weather Channel app for years and have been let down several times with it regarding winds directions and changes lately.

What weather app is everyone using and why do you like it?

I downloaded the NWS weather app (NOAA Weather Free). We use NOAA/NWS for all of our fire weather forecasting and most other weather places base their stuff on NWS' models. I've learned to trust NOAA/NWS weather predictions with my life...literally.

Weather Service in Iowa,,in DesMoines,,you can count on wind direction,,precip? Not so much: Example-Last night they said most widespread rain would fall over the Southern Half of Iowa. If you check out the rain totals from last night,,Just the opposite, All fell from I-80 north,,nill,,to the south.

I agree about Scoutlook. New version sucks and is hard as hell to use... Took me an hour just to find where my stands are in the new app, and to log in on the computer, I've still not found my stand sites .. Scentcone is nice but otherwise new version is worthless

Used scoutlook but the GPS sucked, never in the correct spot. Huntstand is great and uses AccuWeather. Otherwise I am trying weather underground. Deleted weather channel app and kwwl last week due to inaccurate info over and over.

Hands down Weather Underground.... Has a 10 day outlook to show trends that includes wind speed/direct, temp, and barometric pressure (rising or falling and level). Can't beat that!

Here's what it shows for Iowa's opener tomorrow where I hunt in Eastern Iowa... If you can get out, get out! Might not have another day like this in October with cold temps, rising barometer through the roof, and a nice breeze!

I used weatherbug for a couple years but got screwed by wind directions because it was completely wrong too many times that I decided no more. I've been using the weather channel lately. I like that it shows forecasted hourly wind direction (a must in my opinion). For those of you who use the accuweather app, does it show hourly forecasted wind direction? I just downloaded it and don't see that anywhere on it.

Top Bottom