Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any scrapes yet?

Had a buck make one just to the left of one of my cameras a week or two ago. I turned my camera about 45 degrees to the left lol. Hopefully have some good scrape pictures next time I'm able to check it.

We've got a big annual scrape tore up already too, hopefully some good pictures to come when i check the camera this weekend!

I have a field that is about 15 acres in size that typically has about a dozen scrapes around it this time of year but there is not as many it seems this year. only a couple from what I have seen on my quick walk a couple weeks ago.

I have some really cool shots of a stud 3.5 (150ish) who is making a scrape in the same oak tree as my stand. Been there since 1st of Sept. The best part is he is coming to it 10-15 minutes before dark. I really want to see him, and I will have to tell myself PUT THE BOW DOWN!

Last edited:
Pretty much every overhanging tree on the alfalfa field edge was ripped up by Sept 15th on one farm. On another farm there were only a couple hardly noticeable scrapes by then. Is assume they are getting ripped up now or very soon.

Had a buck make one just to the left of one of my cameras a week or two ago. I turned my camera about 45 degrees to the left lol. Hopefully have some good scrape pictures next time I'm able to check it.

You must not be familiar with the habits of the wily whitetail...now he will just make a scrape right where the camera WAS pointing! :D :D

I have seen a few "starter" scrapes too...but I have not been to my farm in about 2-1/2 weeks, so I suspect that there are some more out there now.

Just started up in the last couple of weeks where I hunt. You could always make a couple mock scrapes to get them jump started.

Just started up in the last couple of weeks where I hunt. You could always make a couple mock scrapes to get them jump started.

Did this last weekend, where an annual scrape used to be. No camera on it, so I'll just have to look for sign that something visited it. Have seen a couple actual scrapes opened up, but nothing big yet. One camera went on one of the actual scrapes in that area.

I here this every season on here about scrapes. Possibly is because I have only a little parcel,,,but I do not even see a RUB until end of Oct, let lone a scrape. Scrapes? ,,not until Beginning of Nov.:confused:

Two weeks ago had six open up on a field edge that is about 250 yds long. They are smaller, but who ever is making them was already tearing up the licking branches. I moved a cam onto one.

I usually hunt a 40 area patch of timber along the Iowa River. I have seen no scapes, but the trees are torn up with rubs. Rubs that are high off the ground and on larger trees. I am hopeful that there is a big one using this area?????

I'm finally finding some bucks thanks to scrapes.
12096546_912981848772222_3561069581357287732_n.jpg

Did this last weekend, where an annual scrape used to be. No camera on it, so I'll just have to look for sign that something visited it. Have seen a couple actual scrapes opened up, but nothing big yet. One camera went on one of the actual scrapes in that area.

Pulled a card and had 3 different bucks raising their heads to a branch that happened to be in the frame (camera was set to watch a crossing), just out of reach of their nose. No scrape under it, but maybe in time there will be. Made another mock scrape by one of my stands just to see what happens. Checked a field edge where they had a couple scrapes last year, but didn't see any opened there yet.

I noticed quite a few scrapes at my place Saturday. The usual low hanging trees along field edges were getting plenty of attention.

Top Bottom