Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Poachers out full swing!

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

I cant believe that the poaching is already starting. I live in town but we are surrounded by fields. We noticed a truck parked in a fence line and about 20 minutes later we heard one single shot.... DNR and Local Police have been notified. Hope they catch them.

Is it possible that they might not have been poaching? I just think that seeing a truck in a field and hearing a shot doesn't make someone a poacher.

Is it possible that they might not have been poaching? I just think that seeing a truck in a field and hearing a shot doesn't make someone a poacher.

Agreed. Could be coyote hunting. Could be dispatching an animal from a garage. Maybe he was putting a pet down.

Could be but knowing that area it's a big bedding area and every year we find headless deer out there while riding dirt bikes.

Anyone shooting after 8-9pm can't be doing a good job sighting in unless perhaps it's the spotlights on their atv/utv lmao.....

Sorry to get the ball rolling in the wrong direction. I was just suggesting that maybe they weren't poaching. Good luck this fall!

Duck Hunters? Coyote Hunters? Lots of reasons, normally if you hear one shot it doesn't mean anything. If you hear a couple and see a truck drive off...then you could probably say they were poaching or being stupid kids.

Anyone shooting after 8-9pm can't be doing a good job sighting in unless perhaps it's the spotlights on their atv/utv lmao.....

I've shot after 8pm at targets, could have been sighting in his muzzleloader at 50 yards for Saturday's opener and was in a pinch and couldn't get off work in time :) if it keeps happening over and over again then I'd be worried. I hear gunshots all the time and used to think "Someone's shooting a deer!" When in reality it could be a million different reasons. Like kids shooting the street signs with handguns on our road or something dumb like that.

Top Bottom