Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

A couple of firsts

Deer Nut

PMA Member
A week ago Friday evening my wife harvested her first archery deer. She was pumped! She's been at it hard for a couple seasons even when the temps were in the teens last year.
picture.php

picture.php

This past Friday I took my 8 year old daughter Lila on her first trip to the haybale blind. She was there to watch and learn. She wants to hunt really bad but can't pull enough poundage on her bow yet. So we got to the blind around 5, settled in and by 5:30 we started seeing deer. Lila spent most of her time documenting everything on video and giving the play by play hahaha! She absolutely loved it. Incredibly, we saw 18 deer that evening and nothing was farther than 60 yards! It took an hour for me to finally get a good broadside shot on a nice doe. Everything was hanging around at 40 ish yards. I knew I could make that shot, but I wanted to teach her patience and to wait for a good close opportunity. And she got to see a great show in the process! Two little bucks were brawling pretty good. A 130 inch 8 came out and bumped a few does and that was what we needed to get a doe perfectly broadside at 20 yards. The shot was good and Lila couldn't wait to go find her. It was one of the best hunts in my 28 years of bowhunting. I love that kid. She's been on a few turkey hunts and now a great deer hunt. She is hooked :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

That's awesome! Way to get her hooked at such a young age! That'll make one less youngster we gotta worry about down the road! Congrats to both you and your wife!

Congrats & remember these days........I too remember when KG was with me and next thing you know, they are all grown up. Kudos to you for being involved with your kids.

That's awesome. Congratulations to you and the family!!! I started my daughters all young as you now are and now they have all been able to harvest deer and turkey. Many great memories. Haven't yet taken my wife though, and not sure when I will be able to! ;)

Top Bottom