Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Hunt til the last minute

moosehunter

PMA Member
Here's a couple of pics from the other night. Look at the time/date stamp. The cam was about 40 yards from my stand. I climbed down when legal shooting hours were over. I never saw or heard this deer when I was in the process of packing up and climbing down.

727-pict0374.jpg

727-pict0376.jpg

Had that happen the other day. Only to have the deer return a couple minutes later. Never have laid eyes on the beast. Good luck.

Wow! That's one I'd want to see during daylight for sure. I've actually walked up on bucks (or they have come to check me out) in the dark a few times, and it is pretty cool. Have actually been within 20 yards of them, and they haven't spooked as long as I stay still and wait for them to leave.

Imagine if you'd have seen the flash from a flash camera instead of IR... would have been like your own warning system... ALERT! ALERT! BIG BUCK AT 40 YDS!!!

Stick with it!!! :)

I that happen last Nov. Sat until dim light,,sitting on the ground. Decided to pack it up and started to get up and a buck bolted in the shadows, He was headed right to me had I waited 2 more minutes. He ran up a hill, and stopped against the sunset. From what I could make out against the sky. He may well have been a keeper...Good advice,stay till last good light anyway.

Saturday morning my #1 buck came by me at 35 yards could see the body was big but could not see his big dark chocolate colored antlers until I picked up the binos unfortunately could not see my sight pins either!At Least I know where he is bedding noe though!

Here's a couple of pics from the other night. Look at the time/date stamp. The cam was about 40 yards from my stand. I climbed down when legal shooting hours were over. I never saw or heard this deer when I was in the process of packing up and climbing down.

I read this post on Saturday and was thinking about it on Sunday evening while I was in the stand. Didn't see Jack all afternoon and started putting stuff away with 10 minutes of legal shooting light when a big one stepped into a shooting lane and was looking right at me when I finally seen him. That didn't work out so well for me. Lesson learned.

I wasn't able to hunt this weekend with friends in town. Pulled cards after they left and of course, mega buck in front of the stand I would have been in with the wind. Timestamp gave me 4 mins of shooting time left. Not sure which is worse, this or the OPs scenario

Top Bottom