Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Warm week

birddawg

Just had a quick question, I have spotted a decent deer the last two days on same draw at first light. Tomorrow I have a doc appointment around 10 so I can only hunt until 930, then come back and track if I get a shot off around 1130. With temps in mid to upper 60's at noon, should I hold off? Had great action today and would love to have a go at it if the temp would be alright.

I'd worry first about shooting him. Based on the shot I'd decide if the doc appointment was necessary after that. If you can get out there I'd be out there regardless of temp. Thats just me though.

Probably too late, but just a comment about warm temps in general. A few years ago I shot a buck around 9:30-10:00am on a day that was going to be in the mid 70's. It was in the 60's when I went out that morning and about 70 already when I shot him. He was cruising. My first bow buck was shot around 4:30pm on a day that was in the 60's-low 70's, and he was chasing a doe. Both were early November.

Even if it is 70 degrees out...it is still NOVEMBER!!! :D YAY!

I have shot a couple of nice ones on bee-you-tee-ful days in the past, but I am sure all of us would prefer something in the 30's.

IMO, movement is suppressed when it is this warm...but it isn't zero either. Hunt the wind smart, don't burn anything out right now...but if you cane get out there...do it.

Top Bottom