Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Advice

Hoffman

So I've hunted the area around my house for 4 years now. First year was crazy, bucks cruising and sparing. Every year since has been a gradual decline with rut activity. I have pics of some good bucks but nothing seems to suggest it's November. The deer are not pressured much. Plenty of food. My question is do you think I have a high doe:buck ratio? Or is it just not here yet? I don't get to hunt often but it seems like the rut activity is either long and drawn out or it happens the days I don't hunt

Some land I hunt is similar to that. Only two years ago did I notice the rut wasn't as intense. It's a small enough piece that's it's impacted by one hunter. I over hunted it in October and the intensity never seemed as it had in previous years. I've quit hunting this piece until lat October. Beginning of November. Started becoming better hunting.

I think its been happening everywhere. However, my thoughts are, are to many does being killed so the bucks have to go searching elsewhere?

Top Bottom