Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Heater body suit

HBS vs. Arctic Shield Boot Insulators

My biggest problem is my feet getting cold. I can usually stay fairly warm other than that.

Does anyone have a "comparison" between using the insulators for my feet vs. the HBS. I've thought about getting both.

For consideration, will be hunting late muzzy season.

My biggest problem is my feet getting cold. I can usually stay fairly warm other than that.

Does anyone have a "comparison" between using the insulators for my feet vs. the HBS. I've thought about getting both.

For consideration, will be hunting late muzzy season.

No need for both is you go with the HBS.

Buy a pair of army bunny boots....Your feet will never get cold again. They cost under 30 dollars and have been revolutionary for my hunting experience. I rarely ever wear anything other than just plain white socks and my feet have yet to get cold.

I wear 400 gram boots inside my HBS when the temps are in the teens and never have an issue.

I usually break mine out with the temp is 30 or below..

Buy a pair of army bunny boots....Your feet will never get cold again. They cost under 30 dollars and have been revolutionary for my hunting experience. I rarely ever wear anything other than just plain white socks and my feet have yet to get cold.

The above post is spot on! When it gets cold you can't beat the bunny boots (white ones).

Temps around 20 and snow forcast for this weekend - anyone needing a Heater Body Suit to help stay warm? We have restocked and have a nice selection of sizes in stock.

Me too. Hope it's as good as everyone talks them up. Called them today. So far I am impressedmwith their cs.

Last edited:
Tried my hbs out today. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. I had worked up a little sweat in the chest waders I have to wear to get across my two waist high crossings. By the time I got in the tree I was covered in snow cause my climbing sticks were covered in snow. Tried to knock it off but most of it ended up on me.

My hands were wet and freezing and I was thinking there was no way I was even going to make it two hours. Figured I would climb in the hbs and see if the hype is real.

First let me say the guy on you tube makes it look easy getting it on in the stand. I put it on a few times at home figured no problem. Maybe I'm a little bit too fat or too old. It a little tricky on the platform of the lw alpha. I got it done it wasn't pretty but I was in and zipped up.

Once in I soon nice and warm and sat till dark with out getting cold. No gloves and just my normal hunting gear I wear for 40-50° temps. Only put on an extra pair of socks.

Thanks for recommending it

3 things I'll say could be improved.

Putting it on.(that could be mostly me being old and fat).

Moblity in the stand. The big boody feel you get from them may take some getting use to.

Zipper is the weak link for letting the cold in. The wind was right in my face. I could feel it coming through the zipper some.

Tried my out yesterday in the snow just to try and keep dry. It worked like everyone says. Getting in gets easier the second time. The only thing I didn't like was the "shoulders" were always in the way when trying to look behind me without moving my body. Wish I would have bought one years ago

Does anyone have a backpack style pack that they have the heater body suit in or does everyone use the straps that come with the suit? I have been looking for something that would be a little easier to just toss the suit in and be on my way instead of folding it up and putting the pain in the @$$ straps on in the dark! Thought maybe a sleeping bag-bag with backpack straps but can't find anything like that!

Does anyone have a backpack style pack that they have the heater body suit in or does everyone use the straps that come with the suit? I have been looking for something that would be a little easier to just toss the suit in and be on my way instead of folding it up and putting the pain in the @$$ straps on in the dark! Thought maybe a sleeping bag-bag with backpack straps but can't find anything like that!

I just use the straps that came with it. But I use the chest strap on my safety harness to hold them so they don't slide off my shoulders

I have only used mine a handful of times and that is the biggest thing I'm trying to figure out. I have gotten faster at rolling it up but it is a pain when it's dark and cold. Been considering a short term fix of a mesh laundry style bag and just stuffing it in there for the walk in and out.

Big buck hunter! That would work but would be really nice to have back pack straps for carrying! When it's freezing cold and dark the factory straps are a pain!

Big buck hunter! That would work but would be really nice to have back pack straps for carrying! When it's freezing cold and dark the factory straps are a pain!

The one I have leftover from college has backpack straps on it and I think I have another one with just a single strap. After last night it really got the gears turning and that is the route I'm going to go

Top Bottom