Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain

rc10pt

Who is gonna play in the rain today/tomorrow? Other than trying to stay dry what kind of sits do you prefer in the rain, inside timber, field edge, food, other???

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Just a thought to consider if you are going to hunt in the rain...I admit, I first thought that those umbrellas over your stand were a gimmick...until I tried one.

In my experience, they can make a real difference in staying dry and comfortable. So if you are going out, consider using one of them, as long as it isn't too windy, they work great.

Beyond that...I think we are in the phase where the does sort of go into hiding to stay away from the persistently pestering bucks. (I watched a doe last night that was quite nervous about stepping out into an open field and essentially stood below me for about 20 minutes until it was quite dark.) So at this stage, I would get close to thick cover...in the timber if I was going out. My $.02.

The does have been super skittish and not willing to come into the open. My vote is definitely a deep timber set close to bedding.

I have been setting in some thick brushy bedding areas, and haven't really seen to much. I've seen the occasional young buck cruising but I have heard more grunts/bleats I've ever heard. Mornings are a lot better for me on those type of bedding areas, they just seem like they don't want to move around or at least around my stands in this warmish weather

I sat today in timber about 150 yds away from the primary bedding area and had an excellent sit. Lots of chasing into and away from the bedding but man they were moving fast. 11-noon was the best action but it was all pretty decent. Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom