Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

November movement

This morning before the storm---very quiet, only saw 4 total--2 does, 2 fawns. Starting at 1pm, deer on their feet, but no mature bucks while in stand. Got down a bit early--whisker biscuit was frozen up and I wasn't happy about it, and there was a decent 140--150" buck feeding with a half dozen does about 100 yards from my truck. Didn't see any chase/rut activity today. Boone county. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that my wife watched 3 bucks, one of them 160"+ dogging a doe at Ledges last night while I was in the stand seeing nothing :rolleyes:

Short hunt this AM. Second morning in a row with a mature buck encounter. Day 2 went better than Day 1:D. Both bucks were back to cruising for does and both encounters were in doe bedding timbers between 8-9 am. I think the next week is going to be some good hunting.

Sooo how big is he and where are the pics :)

Nothing but turkeys this morning besides 2 does 300 yards north that high tailed it across the field between the river and timber just after light.

15 from noon till dark. All antler less. All just feeding along with out a care.

Very slow aside from a giant I saw at 415 was 80yds out walking parallel of me wanted nothing of my call then walked through the crp out of my life. 4 deer total and a bobcat.

Pulled cards and didn't get any photos of him. Nothing overly exciting in terms of new bucks on cams.

Saw 2 shooter bucks grunting and chasing does this evening. Also saw about 15 does and a few little bucks. Saw more tonight than the last several hunts combined.

Sat from 3 till dark tonight. Seen 6 deer for sure might have been a few more or the same ones circled back again at dark. One 1.5yr old and a nice 2.5yr old came through on a trail that a doe and 2 yearling had come through on.

I drove around a little this am at daylight and seen multiple mature deer locked on does. I got a crappy picture through the binos of this dandy guarding his doe.

Drove around right before dark. Seen a total of 28 deer. 1 buck checking does. At the distance couldn't exactly tell how big he was.

Yesterday evening during the snow storm. I drove a handful of miles and seen 8 deer. 2 mature bucks. Bedded with a group of does.

Sat over a turnip plot tonight, saw a dozen or so antler less and 5 small bucks, 1 and 2 year olds. A little harassing by the 2 year old bucks but nothing major

Got into my stand at 330 today. At 345 had a nice shooter working toward me down the draw. I stopped him just short of my 35 yard mark and released. Looked like a heart shot to me. He ran off stopped for awhile then slowly walked away limping badly. I just got down and looked at my arrow good blood and really good bloodtrail but by the arrow is a lot of white hair. Figured I get some advice while I give it some time before I pick up the trail.

Sounds like possible armpit. The snow will make the amount of blood look like more than what is actually there. I would give him some time to bleed out and or stiffen up and take your bow with you in the morning in case a follow up shot is needed.

Sounds like possible armpit. The snow will make the amount of blood look like more than what is actually there. I would give him some time to bleed out and or stiffen up and take your bow with you in the morning in case a follow up shot is needed.

Agree with this. It will be hard not to go after him but he may not be mortally wounded either. I hope you find him!

Rattled at 8am and had two 3 yr old ten points come running to my tree looking, together, as a pair. Like they were a dynamic duo looking to beat some tail. Bachelored up already? Anybody have something like that happen?

7 does total . Didn't get closer than 50 yards. All the bucks have disappeared. The corn im near has been disked. May be rough getting my buck this year. Too many mistakes on my part.

Yesterday I saw a buck chasing a doe across the road in front of me around 11:30am. Younger, most likely 2.5 or 3.5, smaller rack, but not for sure on age. Lots of deer out on cut corn or beans around 4:30pm yesterday and several out this morning. Couldn't tell that any were mature bucks.

My afternoon sit Sunday I seen 0 deer. It was in a spot that's hit or miss. I did see a bruiser this morning on my way to work in a tall grass/brushy field on a trot. It was heading opposite direction of a smaller buck that was also on a trot. I usually see a handful of good bucks every season on my way to work and this morning was the first this year.

I was setting up a stand for late muzz at 1pm this afternoon. I was sitting in the stand breaking branches out of the way and a 3.5 yr old 8 pt came running in to the downwind side. He stopped at 50 yards and looked forever before he decided to walk away. Must have thought I was a buck chasing a doe or something.

Top Bottom