Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

181" Iowa Whitetail

There's nothing shared here anymore. Look at the member list compared to the number of harvests posted. No pics, sheds,or kills. Oh well, thanks to those who do post.

Heck of a deer and awesome wall!! thanks for sharing- how about pics of the other walls! comments like this are one of the main reasons people don't share as much on here anymore-
general forum should cost $10 or something to cut out the bull shit

general forum should cost $10 or something to cut out the bull shit

Or like facebook has a like button- there should be a dislike button or feedback box- get enough negative feedback on your actions with proper reason- he gone! Definitely a few asinine comments deserve thumbs down sometimes. telling someone their story is long winded- give me a break- I wish everyone would post long winded stories and pictures:)

There's nothing shared here anymore. Look at the member list compared to the number of harvests posted. No pics, sheds,or kills. Oh well, thanks to those who do post.
I'd share......if I could put one down. :( Sent from my iPhone using IW

A few days after I harvested this fella, I received some information and trail cam pics of this buck, he wintered and summered 2.5 miles from the timber he made his last run in. Another example that deer you film all summer leaves your area and you never see them while your hunting him. His jaw indicated he was 8.5 years old. Thanks jeff~

IMGA0007.jpg

Interesting for sure, I often ask myself where in the hell did all the shooters go! It was nice of your neighbor/fellow hunter to share the information with you!
Congratulations again on a great deer!

A few days after I harvested this fella, I received some information and trail cam pics of this buck, he wintered and summered 2.5 miles from the timber he made his last run in. Another example that deer you film all summer leaves your area and you never see them while your hunting him. His jaw indicated he was 8.5 years old. Thanks jeff~

Just a similar FYI...someone that has land somewhat near my land texted me a picture of a nice buck he killed on the 13th of November this year. As it turns out, this buck had been somewhat regular on our place over the past 2 years and my son even picked up one of his sheds this past winter on our place.

Our last pics of him were around the 19th of September this year and I know another neighbor was picking him up on camera in October...he then bit the dust a few weeks later about 1.7 miles from our place. So my sense is that once he moved off of our place, he kept going and it costed him! :D (Similarly, I sent several pictures of this guy to the lucky hunter.)

I'll say it again...I would LOVE to participate in a radio tracking study...some bucks seems to spend nearly all of their time in a small, maybe 40 acres or less, zone, while others go all over the place...and some do both! :D

I'll say it again...I would LOVE to participate in a radio tracking study...some bucks seems to spend nearly all of their time in a small, maybe 40 acres or less, zone, while others go all over the place...and some do both! :D

That would definitely be awesome to learn from about deer in Iowa. Though, when I look at an aerial of my farm and the surrounding 3 or so miles in any direction, I really don't think it's surprising that deer would tough it all when all the habitat connects to the next in some way. Once they start walking there's no real reason to stop!

I haven't been on here as much lately, so I'm just now seeing this. First off, CONGRATS on a great buck! And an 8.5 year old! And that wall....NICE!!!

As for the negative comments, if your story is long-winded, I'd hate to see what people think of my stories! Don't let one jackwagon ruin it for you, Houston. Post away and congrats!!!

Top Bottom