Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Caldwell dead-shot field pod reviews??

Does anyone have one of these dead shot field pods? See alot of the guys at trophy pursuit using them was wondering what people's thoughts were on this product!?

The field pod is a great product that works really well. It takes a little bit to set it up from the folded carrying position but other than that it's great and well worthy the money. You can also purchase an adapter to put on it that allows you to put a camera on it right next to your gun so it moves the same as the gun. Another great plus for this rest is if you have any kids in hunting it makes it so much easier for them to get on deer and shoot with confidence.

My family and friends love the field pod for muzzleloader and youth turkey hunting. My one problem I have had this year is that it squeaks in cold weather. I'm assuming I need to clean/lubricate it, but haven't had time to disassemble it to see if that fixes it. Overall we love it. My wife has killed 4 bucks during early muzzleloader with this combo from 80-215 yards. Rock solid rest.

I agree with the other post. I got mine when then kids started hunting and wife uses it for muzzy season also. We also use it when we target shoot. It does take short time for it to get set up but only a minute or two. It can be tricky shooting turkeys with it, sometimes the range of movement at close distances can get be an issue.

I've never used the field pod but have used the chair pod and as long as you sit in it your fine but with the gun in the rest it adds a ton of weight in the front and if you stand up it will fall over but once again this is the chair pod...and as long as you know this going into it for hunting and stability purposes it works just fine

Top Bottom