Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

IBA Spring Banquet February 13th 2016

What ever made you think I could read? Besides the fact I replied to this post. Scripts are for pussies and thespians. Neither of which I am. In sotto voce:pssst, make sure it's in at least 14 font so I can actually read it

It should be big enough for you to read. Just make sure to stay out of the bottle before you MC.

Bottle? I haven't been on the bottle for around 58 years. Now if you are referring to libations, well, I can't help it if my table mates slip something in my glass.......

I can't make it, but in the interest of supporting the IBA, I would be willing to pay for up to 4 tickets that someone else could use. If someone knows some willing souls that are a little short on cash, let's get them in there! :D In particular, this may work out well for some college students.

Since PM's aren't working, please reply here and we can get you set up.

Someone needs to take up Daver on this offer!

More items have been posted to the IBA Facebook page, including a two-tone Ruger 1911!

Also have an awesome Stihl Polesaw and a beautiful handmade quilt.

I can't make it, but in the interest of supporting the IBA, I would be willing to pay for up to 4 tickets that someone else could use. If someone knows some willing souls that are a little short on cash, let's get them in there! :D In particular, this may work out well for some college students. Since PM's aren't working, please reply here and we can get you set up.
I'll take you up on the offer....

I can't make it, but in the interest of supporting the IBA, I would be willing to pay for up to 4 tickets that someone else could use. If someone knows some willing souls that are a little short on cash, let's get them in there! :D In particular, this may work out well for some college students.

Since PM's aren't working, please reply here and we can get you set up.

There are still 3 tickets available paid by Daver. First to email me will get the tickets. Send me an email at stien.jake@gmail.com

Two tickets left. Thanks again Daver for helping some folks get to the banquet!

Daver's tickets are all gone.

Tickets are still on sale through January 31st. You can purchase them via the IBA website through paypal or mail in order form w/payment.

Two days left to buy tickets - check out IBA's facebook page for some of the cool stuff we are giving away that night.

Final day to get your get your Spring Banquet tickets and the opportunity to win tons of great prizes and listen to Bill Winke!

Had a good time last night and thank you to all the IBA board members for putting it all together! Bonker did a great job last night as MC and stayed family friendly enough although not hugging the girl was a bit disturbing.... Not hugging Bill I understand but the girl?? Anyways thanks again looking forward to next year!

Last edited:
not hugging the girl was a bit disturbing.... Not hugging Bill I understand but the girl??

Well, I had heard she had been licking on a mineral pile earlier in the day.......:D

I can't explain the hugging thing. I'm just not a hugger, tree, bunny or otherwise.

If anyone would like to provide feedback on the banquet, food, venue, cost, location, dates, whatever, feel free to send me a PM, email, or post here.

First time attending and I thought it was very good. Bonker did great as MC and the board members were working very hard. I thank them for their work.
I wasn't able to get there until nearly 6pm so can't comment on the earlier activities. The food was very good. The presentation for the DNR officer of the year was fantastic!

One suggestion is to have information on what will be auctioned ahead of time - especially the larger items like the hunts.

Bill's insights on deer and deer hunting were interesting. Is it really possible we have lost so many deer hunters that it will be tough to manage the herd once it rebounds?

IBA is a great organization and I encourage you to join if you have not done so. Sending in my renewal for my sons and me.

The food was outstanding. The venue was good. The MC'S chirping like a turkey/hawk, whatever ever that was, as others had the mic was curious. :) Bill Winke was thought provoking. The event runs a little long and I did not win everything I wanted.

Thanks to everyone that works so hard to make it happen.

The MC'S chirping like a turkey/hawk, whatever ever that was, as others had the mic was curious. :) .

That was during the 50/50 reverse bingo I think. I have to remember that the audience can't hear what I can. There was a discussion about splitting the pot between the last two standing. I was clucking like a chicken trying to infer they were chicken not to go for it all.

The other thing most people probably didn't get was me trying to demonstrate the beautiful wing bone call donated by Finbonz. I cupped my hand around it and just shouted "here turkey turkey turkey"

Oh yeah, I tried to squeal like a pig during one of the hog hunt auctions.

Oh crap, it's all starting to come back to me now.......

If you would have put the wing bone call in your mouth no way would I have bought it:D Thanks Finbonz for the donation the call is beautiful

Top Bottom